Monday, July 8, 2024

Started by Zephyrus52246, July 08, 2024, 08:51:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zephyrus52246

Morning all.

I slept really late, but still up in time to take out the trash this morning.  

I finally used the VR headset with a combat sim (Il-2).  It is pretty awesome to view around the plane with moving your head, but I don't recommend it for people with vertigo or other balance issues.  I had a little nausea after about a half an hour.  

Grocery store trip planned for this morning.  

Hope Dave's procedure goes well today.

Jeff

ACL1504

Morning Jeff and others,

Doc you beat me by a minute so I deleted mine.

My plan for today is to work on the layout and possibly update the REA build.

Well wishes for Dave on the procedure.

Have a great and safe day ya'll.

Tom
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

deemery

I'm back.  One advantage of being diabetic is that I go to the head of the line for stuff like this.  So I was at the hospital at 6:30 and done by 8:30 or so.  It was a follow-up endoscopy to look at my stomach, etc, to make sure I didn't have any long-lasting problems from acid reflux.  I passed.

Today, after catching up on mail (and a big breakfast), I'll head down to the train room and finish adding the double-stick tape to the backdrop panels.  Then I'll see if my neighbor is available to help hang that today or tomorrow.  

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

ACL1504

Dave,

Great news on the stomach! Great news indeed. Thank you for the update.

Tom
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ReadingBob

Morning all,

Great news Dave!  Glad to hear all is well.

The boss got me up and out the door by 6:30 a.m. for a walk to beat the heat.  I still ended up drenched with sweat by the time I got back.  I increased my distance by a wee bit.  I have 11 months to get in better shape so I'm not the old guy holding up the walking excursions on our trip next year.  ::)

Workbench time.  Still working on painting/decaling/assembling the stuff for the lab.  It's a slow process but fun.  I grab a color I need to paint something and then look at all the other parts to see if that color can be used elsewhere.  You know how it goes.

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

tom.boyd.125

Morning,
 Well Dave you passed ! At least there were no narrow gauge track plans found so you may have to work on that. Have that acid reflux here too. My exam found an hiatal hernia which was causing my heartburn issue. Well let's get back on track now...photo from Two Harbors MN. next to the station...Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

deemery

Backdrop is installed!
IMG_0007.jpeg

Now the question is "will it stay flat against the wall?"  (If not, I have a Plan C.)

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

MartyO

Dave, I am happy for you. I have had acid reflux since I have was 30 and still have it. 
Marty