Friday, July 12, 2024

Started by Zephyrus52246, July 12, 2024, 08:47:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zephyrus52246

Morning all.

TGIF, my four day weekend is here.   I have an MRI scheduled this morning and will go out for an early dinner this afternoon to a set of villages west of here called the Amanas.  They are an Amish sect from Germany and have restaurants that serve great food.  Der sauerbraten est wunderbar!

Jeff

Jim Donovan

Good Morning Jeff and everyone that follows. It is raining up in Toledo today. Last day of babysitting, tomorrow off to SC for a week. Today I hope to visit the local hobby shop. They sometimes have interesting train items and a great paint selection so hope to load up.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Jim
Holland & Odessa Railroad

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

deemery

Jeff, do they do Shoo-Fly Pie?  Very much NOT on my diabetic diet, but still delicious!

Our heat wave continues, and I've been seeing/hearing reports on the storm damage in VT and northern NH.  I'm glad my friend did the Appalachian Trail last year.  

Yesterday I did some work on the shelf part of the layout, and in particular continued one wall on the bay window building to continue it a bit farther towards the backdrop.  Today I'll start painting that.  And I'll do more work laying out the cobblestone streets.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

ReadingBob

Morning all,

Hmmm....Shoo-Fly pie.  Bought one (wet bottomed) when we up in PA last month.  It's a once every two- or three-years type treat.

Did my walk this morning.  I'm up to 2 1/2 miles.  The legs are fine, but the lower back can get a little sore.  Next up is the grocery store and then some workbench time.

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

BandOGuy

Quote from: deemery on July 12, 2024, 09:15:09 AMJeff, do they do Shoo-Fly Pie?  Very much NOT on my diabetic diet, but still delicious!

Our heat wave continues, and I've been seeing/hearing reports on the storm damage in VT and northern NH.  I'm glad my friend did the Appalachian Trail last year. 

Yesterday I did some work on the shelf part of the layout, and in particular continued one wall on the bay window building to continue it a bit farther towards the backdrop.  Today I'll start painting that.  And I'll do more work laying out the cobblestone streets.

dave
Can testify to the Vermont storm damage.
The street end of my brother-in-laws driveway was washed away by the hurricane that devastated VT last year. Wednesday nights strom took out the repaired section, culvert, gravel fill and all.
Working on my second million. I gave up on the first.