Tuesday, July 23

Started by BandOGuy, July 23, 2024, 08:39:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BandOGuy

Calendar says it's Tuesday, so it must be Round Robin night. A railroad distraction from the mundane and news.
I'm puzzled by, among other things, how do you take a vacation when you're retired? And why does it take so long to recover from a weeks rest? And why didn't all the things on my To Do or Honey Do list not get accomplished while I wasn't paying attention to them?
Need more coffee to figure all of this out.
Working on my second million. I gave up on the first.

ACL1504

Morning Chip and others,

Chip, that is to many questions this early in the day. Since I don't drink coffee, you are on your own. I have a problem with why we park in the driveway and drive on the parkway!

I have bowling at noon and then late lunch afterwards.

I need to start a new thread but also need to finish the REA build thread. The build is finished but the thread is the gift that just keeps giving.   8)

Have a great day ya'll and stay safe out there.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

deemery

The plan when we retired was to do 2 trips/year overseas.  But since wife has physical problems (knees and back), not sure that plan will work.  Of course, when we get home, it's a couple of days to recover :-)

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

MartyO

Morning,

Vacation is defined by spending $300/night for a $70/night room and $10 sodas.
Marty

Zephyrus52246

Morning all.

I'm not retired yet, and am leaving on our trip to see the grandkids and the airshow today.  Should be back Friday or Saturday.  Try not to get too rowdy while I'm gone. 

Jeff

ReadingBob

Morning all,

We'll behave in your absence, Jeff.  We promise.  ;) Have a good trip!  Enjoy the air show.

Got my walk in first thing this morning.  The rest of the day is mine to do with as I please.  Screw the to-do list.  Tomorrow is 'no walk Wednesday'.  I have to do the yard work tomorrow so that'll suffice for working up a sweat.

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

deemery

I put the buildings back in front of the backdrops:
IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

tom.boyd.125

Afternoon check in today. Heavy storms came here yesterday at 5pm...looked like 11pm at night, pitch black, heavy rains and lots of noise. Decided to get some extra rest so slept late. Overcast today and will see what we need to do. Safe travel Jeff, Knock down some pins Tom, and that background looks great too Dave, like how you modified those RDA structures...Bob, keep those daily photos coming.....time to pull the chutes......Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com