Learning my new laser

Started by deemery, September 10, 2026, 02:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deemery

First project almost complete.  I need to add glazing and touch up the paint on the door:
IMG_1877.jpeg
I still have a lot to learn about Lightburn and settings for various materials.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Vietnam Seabee

Dave...several posts back you referred to 'tabs' being easier to place using Lightburn.

My question is, I understand the need for tabs in the carrier sheet for someone who is producing an item for shipping thru the mail, but are tabs even necessary when cutting parts for your own use? Merely cut the part and let it drop to the base plate..

terry

deemery

Quote from: Vietnam Seabee on Today at 07:58:33 AMDave...several posts back you referred to 'tabs' being easier to place using Lightburn.

My question is, I understand the need for tabs in the carrier sheet for someone who is producing an item for shipping thru the mail, but are tabs even necessary when cutting parts for your own use? Merely cut the part and let it drop to the base plate..

terry
Yeah, but then you have all those parts running around the base plate (and possibly getting mixed up)

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Powered by EzPortal