Wednesday, October 7, 2026

Started by Zephyrus52246, Today at 08:36:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zephyrus52246

Morning all,

Didn't sleep well, probably all the excitement, because today is new range day!  When we were out to eat yesterday I asked my wife if she was tired of going out or me getting carry out for the last two weeks and she said not in the slightest.   ::)

Sunny and headed to 81 degrees later for a high.  

Didn't get anything accomplished yesterday on the layout, we'll see what today brings.

Jeff

KentuckySouthern

Nice fall day, yet again, in MI and headed to the 70s temp wise. 

Leaves are changing and will fall soon.  I still have a couple winterization projects around the place. 

I DID make some slight progress on the layout yesterday, sculptamold on about 16 feet of scenery. 

Not sure go out or take out would be tiring here, either.  ;) 

Enjoy the day all.

deemery

I got my two new shelf units assembled, and that's the limit of yesterday's accomplishments.  Hope to get more done today.  I watched the tech add the box at the end of the street that taps into the optical fibre they installed last week.  It's interesting watching someone work efficiently, and connecting fiber is -nothing- like copper.  A couple little machines to do all the work, the fibre has to be cut perfectly flush, and then there's something they do with the two ends inside a box to fuse/connect the line.

It got down to 33 last night, that should accelerate the leaves here.  We're definitely seeing patches of good color, but it's still mostly green.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Powered by EzPortal