The "new" JJJ&E In N Scale

Started by Powersteamguy1790, October 21, 2014, 02:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Powersteamguy1790

A Panoramic View Of The 18 Foot Switching Yard From The Roof Of The 24 Stall Roundhouse showing most of the fully functional signals on this side of the layout.

Stay cool and run steam......... 8) 8)

sdrees

Wow, a lot of steam power.  looks great
Steve Drees
SP RR

ACL1504

Quote from: sdrees on April 07, 2017, 10:24:58 PM

Ditto, lots of steam to keep you warm, er, I mean stay cool and run steam.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

GPdemayo

So many locos.....so little time.  ;D
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Powersteamguy1790

Thanks Steve. I always like lots of steam power. Saw lots of it in New York when I was a kid in the late 1940's.

Stay cool and run steam........... 8) 8)

Powersteamguy1790

Quote from: ACL1504 on April 08, 2017, 07:11:49 AM

Ditto, lots of steam to keep you warm, er, I mean stay cool and run steam.

Tom ;D

Thanks Tom. When I'm running steam power in the train room, the AC is always on high to sty cool. ;D ;D

Stay cool and run steam...... 8) 8)

Powersteamguy1790

Quote from: GPdemayo on April 08, 2017, 10:32:32 AM
So many locos.....so little time.  ;D

All the loco's get rotated on the layout Greg.

Stay cool and run steam........ 8) 8)

Powersteamguy1790

Quote from: PRR Modeler on April 08, 2017, 02:22:37 PM
A great scene.

Thanks as always Curt. :) 8) This is an early photo of the Switching Yard.

Stay cool and run steam....... 8) 8)

Powersteamguy1790

Americanizing Japanese Steam Locomotives

Over the years, I've spent quite a bit of time Americanizing Japanese Steam Locomotives. This 0-6-6-0 is a fantastic running steamer with extraordinary pulling power for  its size. Despite the look of this locomotive, the Micro-Ace 0-6-6-0 can be easily Americanized. The first thing I did with this locomotive was to install Lenz min silver decoders in several of these locomotives. The installation was similar to the decoder installation in the Kato Mikado. Once the motor is isolated the rest of the decoder installation was a snap. I also installed sound in ATSF # 1968 and #1955.

I Americanized one Micro-Ace A0651 and one Micro-Ace A0652.  I decided to use a Spectrum long tender for each locomotive. This was an easy process and was easy to do once the original draw bar of of the 0-6-6-0 was lengthened and was connected to the long tender. I changed the front pilot of the Micro-Ace A0651 by using a front pilot from A Spectrum 2-6-6-2. Brass detail parts were added to each locomotive. This was easily bonded to the front pilot of the 0-6-6-0. I installed a MT Z scale #905 coupler on the new front pilot of the 0-6-6-0.
I changed the side panels under the cab of the locomotive as well. MT Z scale couplers were also installed on the rear of the new long tender. New decals were added and the ATSF road numbers now identify the 0-6-6-0. Before the decals were added , each locomotive and tender were repainted. (See Photo # 2 & Photo # 3).

Stay cool and run steam.......... 8) 8)

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision