Thursday - April 25, 2024

Started by ReadingBob, April 25, 2024, 06:50:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReadingBob

Morning all,

We're serving ham and cheese omelets (onions optional, just ask the chef to toss some in) with hash browns and toast or a bagel.  Various teas and k-cups of coffee available as well.

The count-down is now at 2 days!  Tomorrow, I turn 66 1/2 years old which happens to the full retirement age for social security (at least for me it is).  That's how I came to settle on tomorrow as my last day of work.  Come Monday I'll have to go into full miser mode.  Maybe Greg can give me some lessons on pinching pennies. ;)

I foresee lots of workbench time in the future.  I've got a backlog of kits waiting to be built to keep me busy for a long, long time.

Have a great one!

Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

ACL1504

Morning all,

Congrats Bob on the one day left. Why you are one day away from "Every Day is Saturday except Sunday". Yes, Greg can certainly give you some penny pinching lessons.

Pam and I are going to visit a friend who has been in assisted living for the past year. Very sad as he wants to go home but the doctors say no.

Have a safe and healthy day ya'll.

Tom 
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

MartyO

Morning,

I am getting so fat from these breakfasts, but I need it after the freezing temperatures we had last night.

Retirement, when I was young I thought it was when people put new "tires" on. I didn't think it was around the belly.
Marty

GPdemayo

Morning all.....I'll be happy to pass on what wisdom I have acquired over the years about being thrifty. The class schedule will be posted and anyone interested, please see the purser for fee payment arrangements.  ::)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

jerryrbeach

Good morning.

Greg, you could at least have a scholarship or two available for those of us living on a reduced income! 

Marty, below freezing start to the day here, too.  Too true about the spare tire...

Bob, can I get some salsa in that omelet instead of onions?

Tom, I can relate, as a friend of mine was just moved into an assisted care center for rehab.  I have to wonder if he can manage to regain enough of what he lost to return home once his rehab ends. 

Sunny day here (I'm shocked to say the least), means outside stuff is on today's agenda.
Jerry

GPdemayo

I'll look into that Jerry.....might be able to qualify for federal student loan assistance that doesn't have to be paid back.  ;)
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

BandOGuy

Working on my second million. I gave up on the first.

Jim Donovan

Good Morning Everyone;

First off congratulations Bob to reaching a milestone. Retirement has its perks for sure, just comes with a lot of baggage. Looking forward to seeing some of that incredible modeling skill you have bottled up. 

Yesterday went well for me too, the procedure was on time, the staff first rate, operation quick and results excellent. Does not get any better! I got a gold star and a 5 year pass till the next one recommended. First time they found nothing since I began having colonoscopies. 

Tom, I hope your friend was better and he gets his wish to go home.  I think that is one of those 'baggage' things I worry about, having others suddenly in charge of my decisions if something happens. 

Anyhow, Bob I like bagels with Philly cream cheese, firm bacon, cantaloupe and lots of coffee, oh what the heck, skip everything but lots of coffee!!

Jim
Holland & Odessa Railroad

GPdemayo

Quote from: GPdemayo on April 25, 2024, 07:49:36 AMI'll look into that Jerry.....might be able to qualify for federal student loan assistance that doesn't have to be paid back.  ;)

Jerry, I forgot to mention that all members of this forum automatically qualify for the deep discount package on the posted course fees.....  ;D
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

jerryrbeach

Quote from: GPdemayo on April 26, 2024, 09:29:37 AM
Quote from: GPdemayo on April 25, 2024, 07:49:36 AMI'll look into that Jerry.....might be able to qualify for federal student loan assistance that doesn't have to be paid back.  ;)

Jerry, I forgot to mention that all members of this forum automatically qualify for the deep discount package on the posted course fees.....  ;D
Is this going to be like one of the online deals where they double the price and then offer a 40% discount?  Inquiring minds, and all that...  Remember I am on a fixed income and my last big model railroad purchase was two sets of trucks and some wheelsets that cost me all of $6 in total. 
Jerry

GPdemayo

Quote from: jerryrbeach on April 26, 2024, 11:52:01 AM
Quote from: GPdemayo on April 26, 2024, 09:29:37 AM

Is this going to be like one of the online deals where they double the price and then offer a 40% discount?  Inquiring minds, and all that...  Remember I am on a fixed income and my last big model railroad purchase was two sets of trucks and some wheelsets that cost me all of $6 in total. 

No Jerry, the guys on this forum will not be subject to a discount on inflated fees......but your brilliant idea might be just the ticket for guys on other forums so charges could be even lower for the guys here.   :) :) :)
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL