FOS Scale Models "Oyster Hill" HO kit #200

Started by madharry, November 14, 2020, 07:20:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPdemayo

Yikes, my reputation is spread worldwide..... ::)  The build is looking good Mike.....watch that first step coming out those doors.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Opa George

Excellent work on the details on that one, Mike. Billboard also looks very well done.

--Opa George

madharry

Quote from: GPdemayo on December 31, 2020, 09:23:01 AM
Yikes, my reputation is spread worldwide..... ::)  The build is looking good Mike.....watch that first step coming out those doors.  8)

Yes you have a worldwide reputation....................... :)

madharry

Quote from: Opa George on December 31, 2020, 12:26:07 PM
Excellent work on the details on that one, Mike. Billboard also looks very well done.

--Opa George

Thank you very much George.
Mike

madharry

Continuing...............
The rafter tails are done! Cute little suckers.
Next up was the stairs fire escape. I must admit that I cheated here. I went back to my Execution Rocks build and checked how I did it 6 years ago. I decided to glue the two platforms under the doors first before adding the first stringer. Then I added all the steps using CA. I made sure they were at right angles to the wall and correct. Then I added the second stringer using normal glue to give me wriggle room time. I will leave this to set overnight before adding the railings.
Mike

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

EricQuebec

Nice job Mike,
I've scratchbuild this one some years ago....
Eric

madharry

Thanks very much Curt. I envy you the time and skill to scratch build this little beauty Eric.
Latest update.................the stairs are complete and I added a dormer. The stairs are quite tricky and I found it best to add an item at a time. Walk away and breathe. Then come back once the glue has set........I think there is another one lurking on Dead Horse Bay........joy!
Mike

madharry

Continuing...............roofing the bigger building. I think I will let the glue set overnight. The Prime Minister is probably announcing a brutal lockdown for 3 months tonight. Misery.............
Mike

madharry

There is a little access shed located on the rear roof the main building. This is made of card walls covered in metal panels. Unfortunately I did not have enough of the wooden corrugated material left. So I used Campbell's metal panels instead suitably weathered............
Mike

GPdemayo

Quote from: madharry on January 03, 2021, 12:52:02 PM
Quote from: GPdemayo on December 31, 2020, 09:23:01 AM

Yes you have a worldwide reputation....................... :)

Oh boy..... ::)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

madharry

Here is the main building almost complete. Unfortunately due my moving house I am unable at this time able to complete the diorama. I want to replicate the sloping one as suggested by Fos. However the size is likely to be 12 inches high, 16 inches deep and 36 inches long. I will complete this once I have moved home in order to avoid damaging the structures in the move.
Mike

tom.boyd.125

Mike,
Great progress !  Good luck with the move and hope the movers don't reduce the structures to N scale...
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

Mark Dalrymple

Looking good, Mike.

I trust you are moving the models yourself?

Cheers, Mark.

madharry

Quote from: tom.boyd.125 on January 06, 2021, 12:22:27 PM
Mike,
Great progress !  Good luck with the move and hope the movers don't reduce the structures to N scale...
Tommy
I will not let that happen Tommy.
Mike