FOS Rust Rock Falls -- in progress

Started by Opa George, August 01, 2021, 09:09:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldguy

That is going to look really, really good.
Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

Opa George

Thanks for the comments, Jeff, Paul, John and Bob.

I'll be ready for ground cover on much of this area soon. I want to finish the connecting stairs and walkways, and then there are supports for the overhanging parts.

I've tried lots of different materials for ground cover but get the best and most consistent results from plain old Quikrete all purpose sand.  It's between 3 and 5 dollars for 50 lbs at most home supply stores.  I sift it with a wire mesh kitchen strainer to get course and fine mixes for ground cover. Once fully dried, the color is a near perfect match for my local soil. I'll post some step-by-step pics once I get to that point.

--Opa George
George Nagle
Twin Mountain Barge & Navigation Co.
Harrisburg, PA

Opa George

Progress on Summit Street has been slow with busy weeks at work and all of the holiday preparations, but I managed to get some work done. Busy adding wooden sidewalks and stairs.  Also, local entrepreneur/musician/restauranteur/real estate magnate Heschel Feynman (aka "Mr. Saxaphone," aka "I can get that for you wholesale" aka "Heschel the Caterer") has just built his King of Clubs Jazz Lounge at the top of the street.  It is scheduled to open Friday night or as soon as sidewalks are added so patrons can enter the club.

--Opa George

George Nagle
Harrisburg, PA

PRR Modeler

Great looking scene George. Beautiful job on the buildings.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

GPdemayo

Looks great George.....any tickets left for opening night at the jazz club?  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Jerry

Very nice George.

Will be impressive when the ground is finished.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Opa George

Thanks Curt, Greg and Jerry!

Jerry--indeed!  I keep promising ground cover is coming soon, then I keep finding something else that needs to be built in place first.  Well, sooner or later...

Cheers!
--Opa George
George Nagle
Harrisburg, PA

postalkarl

Hey George:

It really looks great on the RR. Nice job on the build.

Karl

postalkarl

Hey George:

I built that small gas station kit. I believe it is in Pa. somewhere. Looks like you did A nice job on it.

Karl