Editing a Previous Post

Started by GPdemayo, November 16, 2023, 10:20:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPdemayo

A question for Jim or Craig.....

I notice that after I post a comment and go back to it to correct a mistake the same day I can hit the modify button and make a change. But, if I go back to one that was posted on previous days the only options are to "quote" or "report to moderator".

How to I get into older posts to make changes in the text or add a photo?
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Keep It Rusty

Hi Greg,

The edit function disappears after a limited time. This is mainly for preservation reasons, allowing for posts to be undisturbed that could otherwise confuse an on-going thread.

I put it to you all though, would you prefer this feature turned off?

Craig

GPdemayo

Quote from: Keep it Rusty on November 16, 2023, 10:41:46 AMHi Greg,

The edit function disappears after a limited time. This is mainly for preservation reasons, allowing for posts to be undisturbed that could otherwise confuse an on-going thread.

I put it to you all though, would you prefer this feature turned off?

Craig
Hi Craig.....I believe that it would be better to be able to edit or modify any post that we create because some of us inevitably make mistakes and don't catch them before we hit the post button.

For example, I noticed that going back to the early pages of my St. Louis & Denver Railroad thread, all the photos were missing. I tried to get into a post to reattach the photos, but I could not open the post to modify it and add photo links. 

My vote would be to let us be able to get into any of our posts to edit or modify as needed.

And again, thanks for all the work you did with Jim to get us back on the air..... 8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

Keep It Rusty

It's a very valid point. Given many previous posts may be broken in places, I have enabled the ability for users to edit posts.

GPdemayo

Just inserted the track plane into the StL&D build thread.....worked perfectly, thanks Craig.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL