The Atlantic and Southern Build Thread Continued, Part 3

Started by ACL1504, August 30, 2018, 03:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

MAP

Really great idea Tom! The video was neat being able to watch your ideas in action.
Mark

ACL1504

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Jim Donovan on March 15, 2019, 10:40:41 PM
The YouTube was neat. It's fun watching your progress, it's a great blue print for how to construct a layout. Glad to see you back.

I've kind of hit a wall on my own slow efforts. Hopefully reading about your adventures (along with the Judges recounting the fabled history of the A & S) will get me going again.

Jim D

PS the Boss says hi.

Jim D,

First, tell the boss hello!

The past two months have really tested my resolve to keep going on the layout. It is still fun but to much bad 1:1 stuff lately.

I've got many more posts to finish to get updated on the layout.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: MAP on March 17, 2019, 07:06:46 AM
Really great idea Tom! The video was neat being able to watch your ideas in action.

Mark,

I appreciate you following along on the layout thread, thank you. At times I get stuck but then I also get a burst of energy and get much more done than I expect of myself.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I've been plugging away on the third level track laying. I'm about 23 feet short of completing the third level mainline. I've been installing mainline turnouts for future use such as some industries, a diesel facility and runaround track.

I'll show some progress photos in the next few days. Now all I can show is a stack of cork and track.

I've set aside 16 feet for a six track yard on the East side of the third level. This will also include a caboose track, set out for some yard switchers, icing platform and car repair shop and maybe a trackside tavern for the workers.

Thanks to all following along on this adventure.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

NKP768

Hang in there Tom - I think some times we can use the hobby to smooth the bumps in the 1:1 road. I went through a funk a couple of years ago when I lost both parents and an in law in a 18 month period. Granted its not a cure-all but it does does cause you to re-focus. Enough psycho-babble - good luck and just know that you bring inspiration to us lurkers.

Doug

ACL1504

Doug,

Thanks very much, the track laying and planning has really been great therapy.

I would have been more productive today but it isn't wise to use the table saw in the rain. :P :P

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

deemery

Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

postalkarl

Hey Tom:

RR is looking just great as usual. keep the pic flowing.

Karl

BandOGuy

Quote from: ACL1504 on March 19, 2019, 07:07:33 PM
Doug,
Thanks very much, the track laying and planning has really been great therapy.
I would have been more productive today but it isn't wise to use the table saw in the rain. :P :P

Tom  ;D

Then move the saw indoors!
Jeeesh!
Working on my second million. I gave up on the first.

ACL1504

Quote from: postalkarl on March 20, 2019, 12:10:16 PM
Hey Tom:

RR is looking just great as usual. keep the pic flowing.

Karl

Karl,

Thanks my friend, very much appreciate you checking in. I a little behind in the picture department but they are coming.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com