The Atlantic and Southern Build Thread Continued, Part 3

Started by ACL1504, August 30, 2018, 03:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

Quote from: GPdemayo on August 20, 2019, 04:40:19 PM
Quote from: deemery on August 20, 2019, 04:23:00 PM
Is that "another railroad" or "a hobby shop" underneath this one?   ;D

dave

It's a hobby shop on steroids Dave..... :) :) :)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D      :-X
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Bruce Oberleitner on August 31, 2019, 04:20:13 PM
It's actually a hobby distributorship for the entire east coast!

But notice that he appears to be out of "Diet Pepsi".  Could be a crisis is brewing....

:o :o :o

Cousin Brucie,

I do run out of a few supplies but NEVER Diet Pepsi.

Just saying.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Bruce Oberleitner on September 01, 2019, 10:23:38 AM
BTW Tom, just to let you know your not alone, I could be a distributorship for the West coast. 

8) 8) 8)

It must be the result of us drinking Diet Pepsi. Always be prepared as the Boy Scouts say.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

During the past week while the computer was down, I got a lot done on the layout and structures.

However, It'll be a few days prior to updating the layout thread provided I don't lose power from Hurricane Dorian.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

deemery

Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Bruce Oberleitner

Quote from: ACL1504 on September 01, 2019, 11:53:45 AM
During the past week while the computer was down, I got a lot done on the layout and structures.

However, It'll be a few days prior to updating the layout thread provided I don't lose power from Hurricane Dorian.

Good Luck on dealing with that unwanted visitor, Dorian.  I hope it doesn't come anywhere near you.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.

As for drinking lots of Diet Pepsi and having lots of train supplies, That could be a factor.  But I suspect that we are just both pack rats at heart.  I do tend to stock up on things when out-of-town since all we have here is a hobby town that doesn't stock much in the train department. 

;D ;D ;D

ACL1504

Quote from: Bruce Oberleitner on September 02, 2019, 10:23:36 AM
Quote from: ACL1504 on September 01, 2019, 11:53:45 AM

Good Luck on dealing with that unwanted visitor, Dorian.  I hope it doesn't come anywhere near you.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.

As for drinking lots of Diet Pepsi and having lots of train supplies, That could be a factor.  But I suspect that we are just both pack rats at heart.  I do tend to stock up on things when out-of-town since all we have here is a hobby town that doesn't stock much in the train department. 

;D ;D ;D

Bruce,

Thanks, much appreciate the thought and prayers. I've been through every Florida Hurricane starting with Hurricane Donna in 1961.

I've been without power for up to 15 days  and at least a week on several occasions. No problems, just major inconvenience.

I'm all stocked up on hobby supplies, food and DIET PEPSI. I even remembered to get gas for the generator.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Finally, I'm back to working on the layout!v YEA!!!

Whalen Apiaries is finished, except for lights, and now I can start clearing land. As mentioned in prior posts, here is where it will be located.

I marked the scenery to be removed. Not sure you can see it but it is marked.

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I sprayed warm water on the area of scenery to be removed. After 10 minutes, I used a putty knife to remove the unwanted scenery and sand.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

MAP

Nice work on Whalens!  I like the location of the building as well.  So what kind of honey will they "bee" selling?  Tupelo?  Orange Blossom? Saw Palmetto?
Mark

ACL1504

Quote from: MAP on September 03, 2019, 07:36:07 AM
Nice work on Whalens!  I like the location of the building as well.  So what kind of honey will they "bee" selling?  Tupelo?  Orange Blossom? Saw Palmetto?

Mark,

Thank you. The location was picked as it is near the Perkin's orange grove. So it will be Orange Blossom Honey for sure. ;D ;D

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

tct855

ACL 1504,
             You come up with so many good layout photos, I don't know how to keep coming up with good wordsmithing ways of saying good job my friend.  KP-out...

ACL1504

Quote from: tct855 on September 04, 2019, 02:32:20 AM
ACL 1504,
             You come up with so many good layout photos, I don't know how to keep coming up with good wordsmithing ways of saying good job my friend.  KP-out...

Thommy,

Thank you but it is mostly just plain luck. No patois necessary my friend. BTW, got the email and am working on the videos.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Okay, the A&S is back in business. A lightning strike took out my surge protector and the Digitrax PS 2012. This week I installed the new power supply and it all works just fine.

I rarely run trains as I'm either building a structure, track work and or scenery. I'll plug it in when the Judge is here or I have guests.

My new surge protector is me unplugging the entire layout for the wall when not in use. 8) 8)
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com