The Atlantic and Southern Build Thread Continued, Part 3

Started by ACL1504, August 30, 2018, 03:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

Okay, Diet Pepsi on hand.

I then added the shim for the other section and glued the cork in place. Now the cork on the right will need to be sanded down at a slight angle to meet the plywood. The cork on the left will need to be sanded so it is flush with the plywood.

At least I got this one level. 8)

Continued -
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I think you get the idea of what I had to do to get the track smooth. So, fast forward and after 8.5 hours I finished the mainline and Tahope spur.

Continued  -

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I'll run trains over these two new sections for a few weeks prior to adding the new ballast.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

GPdemayo

Beautiful broad sweeping curve.....built for "Greg Speed".  ;)  Great job Tom.....looking forward to running steamers on the new track.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: GPdemayo on May 13, 2020, 08:47:27 AM
Beautiful broad sweeping curve.....built for "Greg Speed".  ;)  Great job Tom.....looking forward to running steamers on the new track.  8)

Greg,

Thank you kind sir. Yes, it will handle any "Greg Speed" loco as you found out this afternoon. We sure had fun.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

You'll no doubt hear this from the Judge on his Saturday Report. However, he doesn't have all the video we shot this morning.

Curt and Greg joined the Judge and me for a day for training (not learning but running trains) on the A&S RR.  The Judge, Curt and I were in Video production when Greg arrived. I had just announced, "Quiet on the set", and Curt banged the clapboard. I gave Greg a fist bump and started the video.

Here is the result of that failed attempt at our video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JemH8zxHX30
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

And now for the real video we did. We had a great time in the during our coronacation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ0mnaTVCig
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Bruce Oberleitner

Wow!  Looking real good Tom.  I am always amazed at how much work you manage to get done in one of your work session.  It must be all that Diet Pepsi that you drink!

;D ;D ;D

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

Quote from: Bruce Oberleitner on May 16, 2020, 05:57:41 PM
Wow!  Looking real good Tom.  I am always amazed at how much work you manage to get done in one of your work session.  It must be all that Diet Pepsi that you drink!

;D ;D ;D

Bruce,

Thank you for the kind compliment on the layout. Yes, as you know, Diet Pepsi is most helpful in layout work.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: GPdemayo on May 16, 2020, 05:57:53 PM
Harumph..... ::)

Greg,

Two things I can say about you. One, you are a great fall guy and sport. Secondly, you are a great friend. So take back your "Harumph" you grump! 8)

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

PRR Modeler

Looks great Tom. By the way all the homemade videos worked. Thank you for your generosity.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

postalkarl

Hey Tom:

The coal pusher looks just great. Keep up the good work.

Karl