Monday - April 15, 2024 (Income Tax Day in the US)

Started by ReadingBob, April 15, 2024, 07:46:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReadingBob

Morning all,

If you haven't filed your income tax return yet (in the US) today is the day!  I already have my refund.  It'll partially replace one of the pays I won't be getting next month while I'm waiting for my first Social Security Deposit to hit my account.   :o

John asked how many meetings I have left.  Good question.  I'm in my final two weeks of work.  Today I have meetings at 8:30, 9:00, 9:30 and 9:45.  So far.  There are always those last-minute meeting invites.  Next week, my final week, is PI planning week.  A whole slew of really boring meetings to plan the next 12 weeks' worth of work.  I won't have too much to say during those planning sessions.  Instead, I'll be planning what I'm going to do to get in better shape and which kits I'm going to work on next. ;D

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Zephyrus52246

Morning all.

Good that you can see the light at the end of the tunnel, Bob.  My countdown is approximately 22 months.  

It's also Patriot's Day for New Englanders.  Red Sox game starts at 1010 our time today.  I'll watch part of it as I need to go to the grocery store and do some outside chores today as it's going to be in the 70s.  

Might get the last spray painting color done on the ITLA build as well. 

Jeff

Janbouli

Good afternoon , very tired today , I spent the night at the hospital because my heart was going all over the place and fast, nothing really dangerous but it was the first time I experienced fibrillation , high blood pressure and 120 beats a minute while watching TV, where I normally have around 55 beats a minute. Anyway , they gave me some medicine and after a few hours I was back home .

I am currently not modeling ( well not really ) I am building a Lego steam engine .

I love photo's, don't we all.

jerryrbeach

Good morning. 

Sunny and 50 F to start the day.  The fog hasn't completely burned off, and everything is wet from the weekend's rain.  Looks like we'll have a couple dry days before rain returns Wednesday.  No specific plans for the day other than to spend at least part of it outside.  

Jan, I'm glad you're feeling better after the visit to the hospital.  our hobby takes many forms, who said building a Lego locomotive isn't modeling?

I hope everyone has a great day!

Jerry

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

Late morning all,

Jan, very happy to  hear the doctors got the heart rate under control. After all, you are building an "N" scale empire.

I'm now finished with the months worth of hard work in the yard.

Time to rest and work on the A&D RR.

Tom 
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

nycjeff

Hello Tom, you must still be tired from all your yard work, or did you rename your railroad.
Jeff Firestone
Morristown, Arizona
modeling the New York Central in rural Ohio in the late 1940's

MartyO

Quote from: Janbouli on April 15, 2024, 09:06:04 AMGood afternoon , very tired today , I spent the night at the hospital because my heart was going all over the place and fast, nothing really dangerous but it was the first time I experienced fibrillation , high blood pressure and 120 beats a minute while watching TV, where I normally have around 55 beats a minute. Anyway , they gave me some medicine and after a few hours I was back home .

I am currently not modeling ( well not really ) I am building a Lego steam engine .

That is a very scary experience. Stay well and healthy and get distracted by more modelling.
Marty

GPdemayo

Get well Jan.....and stay out of hospitals, the're killers.  ;D
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Janbouli

Thanks all , I actually had to go to the Hospital on Tuesday as well , to get some varicose veins pulled out , it turned out to be one of the nicest hospital appointments I've ever had . 3 ladies , of which the 2 doctors were only 24 and 25 treated me very well , and all during the operation we had a very pleasant chat about my former Bar and the differences in going out through the generations , made the operation fly by, I was actually sad when it was all done.
I love photo's, don't we all.