Ellicott Brothers Hardware

Started by restocarp, October 07, 2021, 06:51:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

restocarp

All,

Here are some finished photos of my latest scratchbuild, the Ellicott Bros. hardware complex. The masonry is sheets from Monster Modelworks. The windows and doors are from Tichy. The detail parts come from Railroad Kits, BEST and Rusty Rail. Truck is a Sylvan. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Matt

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

ReadingBob

Sweet!   8)   Definitely reminds me of some of the small towns around the area I grew up in.
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

PaulS

Wonderful build Matt !!
Would love to spend some time in Ellicott Bros' walking up and down the aisles, I have a feeling that if they don't have it, you don't need it ....
--Paul
Modeling the Atlantic & White Mtn Railway

GPdemayo

Beautiful scene, great structure.....well done Matt.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

vinceg

Spectacular, Matt. The textures, colors, and weathering are all perfect. Beautiful scene!
Vince

Protolancing the Illinois Central Chicago District from Chicago to Kankakee

Oldguy

Damn, but that looks good.  Great eye for details.
Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

S&S RR

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

craftsmankits

Nice work.  Coloring, building selections, and extremely interesting on many levels.  Looking forward to seeing more.  Mark

madharry

Great work and beautifully designed.
Mike

Keep It Rusty

I commented on Facebook, but this is a great build, Matt. I'm a sucker for verticality in dioramas and you've nailed that Baltimore look! Really nice.

What would I have done differently? The base. Squaring the base would keep the attention on the unique shape of the building, rather than compete with it. But that's just me!

restocarp

Thank you all for your comments.

Craig,

The base is built to fit a specific area in my layout, hence the weird shape. The sidewalk makes for a natural break and will allow me to cleanly build the street once this diorama is installed. I can glue it down and then model the street right to the sidewalk with no visible seam. If I squared it, I would end up modeling only part of the street on the diorama and it would create a difficult seam when I install it.

Matt

Keep It Rusty

Mark Dalrymple

Beautiful work, Matt.

I think I might have to get some of the Monster Modelworks brick sheeting.  I'm just seeing too many fine models built with it.  Really like the coloured rooms on the side of the brickwork.

Cheers, Mark.

SteveCuster

Looks really great, Matt! The coloring on the metal roof in-between the buildings really stands out to me in a good way, really nice!
Steve Custer