Excellent Dioramas

Started by Doug Fos, February 07, 2015, 06:59:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Fos

Came across this modeling; amazing details

http://imgur.com/a/6iYh3

gnatshop

Satoshi Araki's work is absolutely fantastic!!
Be sure to click on the imgur link to see more of it.
Thanks for sharing this, Doug!!!!!

Mike Engler

The details on the photo Doug posted are incredible. Since I am more of a fan of "model building" than "model railroading", I really enjoy learning from all kinds of modelers through the internet. The best are the military modelers, and there are some great ones.

I hope we can keep this thread going. There are some good Facebook categories, and here is one from "Scale Models and Dioramas". The builder did the scenery coloring with an airbrush. Cool stuff.

THE Runner- Mike Engler in Lakeville, MN
mike.engler59@gmail.com

coors2u

I agree with you Mike. There are some amazing military modelers. I find myself drawn to excellent modeling no matter the subject.
Dustin

Mike Engler

Here are a couple examples of Marcel Ackle's work, from his Facebook posts. He is really good!
THE Runner- Mike Engler in Lakeville, MN
mike.engler59@gmail.com

EricQuebec

Quote from: Mike Engler on March 15, 2015, 12:04:08 AM
Here are a couple examples of Marcel Ackle's work, from his Facebook posts. He is really good!

You right Mike, I've just found his own website : http://www.feldbahn-modellbau.ch/
Amazing.
Eric Québec city

coors2u

The depth that some of these modelers achieve is what is amazing to me. It layers and layers of details really make it amazing.
Dustin

ACL1504

The quality and detail of this modeling is certainly mind blowing. Really is unbelievable work, and wonderfully amazing.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

S&S RR

Great stuff! Really enjoyed going through the sites.  Thanks for sharing this.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Janbouli

Quote from: Mike Engler on March 15, 2015, 12:04:08 AM

I had the pleasure of meeting Marcel at Ontraxs , I believe last year , I thought I posted the photo's I made here , but I could repost them in this thread if any of you would like that.
I love photo's, don't we all.

madharry

Janbouli

Photo's taken at Ontraxs 2014, all Marcel Ackle's  work , besides being a fantastic modeler , Marcel was a very very pleasant person to speak with.

Janbouli

donatode

I am agog with amazement .... I haven't been able to close my mouth in the last half hour .... and let's not talk about all the drool ....  :-\