Started by Erieman, March 15, 2015, 02:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twist67

Amazing....

That´s an awesome layout.....wow...

Cheers,Chris

Erieman

GOOD EVENING ALL,
I just got an email from Verryl that his website is up an running. www.wyomingdivision.org   This site is brand new and will give a better insight what Verryl and his team have accomplished to date. This is an awesome place to visit. Check this sight out!!! Verryl also sent me some pictures of a recent operating session held at the railroad. I'll post them in the next day or two. So much to do, so little time.

Frank / Erieman

S&S RR

Quote from: Erieman on May 05, 2015, 10:27:28 PM
GOOD EVENING ALL,
I just got an email from Verryl that his website is up an running. www.wyomingdivision.org   This site is brsand new and will give a better insight what Verryl and his team have accomplished to date. This is an awesome place to visit. Check this sight out!!! Verryl also sent me some pictures of a recent operating session held at the railroad. I'll post them in the next day or two. So much to do, so little time.

Frank / Erieman

Frank

Just looked through the new web site - great stuff. Thanks for sharing it - this is a must stop for model railroaders on their AZ trips.

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

UP Fan

Thank you Frank for posting all the pictures of this mind blowing layout.

Erieman

Quote from: S&S RR on May 05, 2015, 11:10:19 PM
Quote from: Erieman on May 05, 2015, 10:27:28 PM
GOOD EVENING ALL,
I just got an email from Verryl that his website is up an running. www.wyomingdivision.org   This site is brsand new and will give a better insight what Verryl and his team have accomplished to date. This is an awesome place to visit. Check this sight out!!! Verryl also sent me some pictures of a recent operating session held at the railroad. I'll post them in the next day or two. So much to do, so little time.

Frank / Erieman

Frank

Just looked through the new web site - great stuff. Thanks for sharing it - this is a must stop for model railroaders on their AZ trips.

Good Morning John,

I just received the website yesterday from Verryl. While the pictures are good, you know that walking thru the layout is an awesome event. As more scenery is added, it will get even better. Hard to believe that it has been only four years in construction.

Frank / Erieman

Erieman

Quote from: UP Fan on May 06, 2015, 02:45:40 AM
Thank you Frank for posting all the pictures of this mind blowing layout.

Good Morning Bob,

As a UP fan, this is worth the trip to come to Arizona and see this wonderful layout sometime. Seeing it in person give you the real fee of the enormity of the layout. This puppy is really big. Thanks for stopping by.

Frank / Erieman

UP Fan

Thank you for the invite.  Might just have to do that.

jbvb

Thanks for the link, Frank. I was in AZ last June going to/from the R&LHS convention, maybe I need to go visit my ex-father-in-law in Mesa this year.
James

Erieman

Quote from: jbvb on May 06, 2015, 04:53:28 PM
Thanks for the link, Frank. I was in AZ last June going to/from the R&LHS convention, maybe I need to go visit my ex-father-in-law in Mesa this year.

James,

Thanks for stopping by. You don't need an excuse to visit Arizona. I can give you one though. This September, we are having the 2015 Pacific Southwest Region convention here in Scottsdale. If you  like conventions, this is the one to go to this year. Here is the link:http://www.psrconvention.org/PHX2015 /index.html .We will be having 25 layouts on tour, 52 clinics, a train ride on the Verde Canyon railroad, a visit to Verryl's Wyoming division, A trip to the Phoenix Light Metro and a whole bunch more. Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you the Spur Line , division newsletter coming out this week. 98 pages of fun filled information on the convention, layout tours and other things happening here in Arizona. Enjoy your day.

Frank / Erieman

jbvb

I did, in fact, attend the Scottsdale convention earlier this month.  And thanks to Verryl's courteously re-scheduling the September Wyoming Division op session to the Saturday of the convention, I got to run there Here are a few'grab shots', taken with a pocket camera during and between jobs:

James

jbvb

I had asked to run passenger, so I was given the eastbound City of San Francisco as my first job.  There are two shots of a turbine-powered freight I met at ?Rawlins?, then another meeting a westbound Big Boy at Dale Jct., then arrival in Cheyenne.

The next set includes a couple I took between jobs, then some time spent switching in Ogden (lower level).

All in all, it was a great day and the layout ran well.  Thanks to all who made it possible.
James