THE WYOMING DIVISION

Started by Erieman, March 15, 2015, 02:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

This is the view to the far right - the aisle way in this photograph is aisle 2.

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

In this picture we have aisle 2 on the right - aisle 3 in the middle and aisle 4 on the left.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Just a reminder that all of the aisle way numbers are referencing the layout diagrams on page 1 of this thread.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

The mezzanine overlooks the entire layout and serves as a work area for model building and design work.

John Siekirk

ACL1504

It's difficult just to get a sense of the size from the pictures. The layout is unbelievable.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Erieman

Quote from: ACL1504 on April 15, 2015, 07:05:07 AM
It's difficult just to get a sense of the size from the pictures. The layout is unbelievable.

Tom ;D

Glad you are enjoying the photos that John took. It is hard to imagine the real size and scope from the pictures. It is BIG. I want to see it with 50 operators running it. I will be up there in June and will take some pictures. In the meantime enjoy all the pictures that John took. I have thought about running my camera car on the layout, but it only records 80 minutes and it would probably take longer that than to run from Cheyenne to Logan. I'll let you know. In the meantime, John will be posting more pictures.

Frank / Erieman

S&S RR

We have lots of pictures to go - I'm limiting myself to 1 hour a day on posting pictures - so I keep making progress on the layout ;D .
John Siekirk

Erieman

John,

Thanks for all the wonderful pictures. As we both know, you have to see it in person to really get a feel for the scale of this layout. IT'S BIG, REALLY BIG!!!
Looking forward to your next post.

Frank / Erieman

S&S RR

Quote from: Erieman on April 17, 2015, 11:39:04 AM
John,

Thanks for all the wonderful pictures. As we both know, you have to see it in person to really get a feel for the scale of this layout. IT'S BIG, REALLY BIG!!!
Looking forward to your next post.

Frank / Erieman

This is a very big layout - the pictures do not give you a sense of the size of this building.  Now that you have an overall view of the layout from the top here are some more pictures - again I will try to give you a sense of the area from the layout diagrams on page 1.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

The aisle way 2 upper level.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

The aisle way 4 Upper level.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

The Roundhouse at corner between aisle 2 and 4 upper level.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Coal tower upper level between aisle 1 and 2.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Lower level aisle 5.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk