THE WYOMING DIVISION

Started by Erieman, March 15, 2015, 02:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erieman

Quote from: S&S RR on March 20, 2015, 06:18:44 PM
It was at this point that I turned to Frank and said this is the largest HO layout I've ever seen - I was looking at less than a third of it. I will share the rest of the pictures when I get back from the EXPO and have time to do justice to this project - sorry for the wait. This will be the thread we all show anyone that thinks we are out of control with our trains.

Good afternoon John,

Verryl has the right idea on this build. This will be a fabulous layout to see and run. It has been a couple of years since I was last up there and the changes are significant. I will be back up there in June and will take some pictures, time permitting. In the meantime, I look forward to your posts on all the pictures that you took. Verryl will probably have another article for the Spur Line and I will publish it here as well. Thanks John for all your help with this thread.

Frank / Erieman

S&S RR

I'm finally getting the pictures ready to post for this thread - I'm going to take the approach of walking through the layout the way I did for the first time and will be referring to the layout diagrams Frank posted on the first page.  As we walked into the building we turned right to go up the stairs beside the giant helix. So we will start with the helix and then the upper level.

This is a picture of the stairs and aisle 9 from the diagram.

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

The upper level between aisle 8 and 9.

John Siekirk

ACL1504

Great pictures John, the size of the layout is unbelievable. No wonder it takes 50+ people to operate.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

jbvb

I'm impressed. Both by the layout and the amount of air handling equipment visible in your pictures.
James

GPdemayo

Think about that air conditioning bill.....that place must take 12 to 14 tons to keep it cool.

I'd hate to be paying the electric bill for that much a/c, it sure wouldn't be cheap.  :'(
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Erieman

Quote from: GPdemayo on April 08, 2015, 08:13:18 AM
Think about that air conditioning bill.....that place must take 12 to 14 tons to keep it cool.

I'd hate to be paying the electric bill for that much a/c, it sure wouldn't be cheap.  :'(

Greg,

You have to remember that Verryl is paying for everything, the building, the property, the railroad and the people that work on it. He has done well in business and wants to pay it back to the hobby. He is very active in this project and enjoys telling everyone about it.

Frank/Erieman

Erieman

Quote from: jbvb on April 08, 2015, 07:20:37 AM
I'm impressed. Both by the layout and the amount of air handling equipment visible in your pictures.

James,

The building is located near Sedona and as such, is not as hot as down here in the desert floor. They get a more seasonal year with some cold weather and some snow. That being said, based on 50 to 60 people in the room, he probably has a sizable AC system.glad you are enjoying the pictures. John has just started posting. If you look at the layout diagrams, you can see how much there is in this building. John has a lot of pictures to post.

Frank / Erieman

Erieman

Quote from: ACL1504 on April 08, 2015, 06:12:53 AM
Great pictures John, the size of the layout is unbelievable. No wonder it takes 50+ people to operate.

Tom ;D

Good morning tom,

The pictures really do not give you the total feeling of size. Imagine walking in a cocoon. the railroad is all around you. I have not been there when he has a full operations crew, but it must be very interesting to watch it run. I'll try to get up there soon and take some video during operations.

Frank / Erieman

S&S RR

I'm back on this project tonight - I just loaded 59 pictures.  As I post the pictures I will keep referring to the two layout diagrams that Frank posted on page 1. We will do our best not to get lost - this is a big layout.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

This is the area on the lower level as we turn the corner at the end of aisle 8.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

This is the upper level at the end of aisle 8.

John Siekirk

ACL1504

One word applies here,  WOWSER!!

T ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

S&S RR

Quote from: ACL1504 on April 14, 2015, 12:40:47 PM
One word applies here,  WOWSER!!

T ;D

I think you have the right word Tom.  I was there and took the pictures and I'm still getting lost describing the location of each shot.

More pictures on the way.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Back to the pictures! 

At this point in my journey through this maze of a layout I found the stairs to the mezzanine and took a few overview shots. The aisle way on the left side of this picture is aisle 4.  We are look back towards the main door entrance.

John Siekirk