Entry sizes tolerances

Started by martin.ojaste, March 24, 2015, 11:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

martin.ojaste

I'm a newbie at putting in an entry into the Expo contest and have some queries that I hope the group can help me with.

For example, if the class calls for a 8" x 8" diorama, is it measured from the widest parts along both edges? If it is 8.25" on one side because track overhang or a tree branch, what will happen? Does it get rejected from being entered or does still get a chance? What are the tolerances? Or is it that it, must be less than or equal to 8" x 8" period! Otherwise don't bring it!

I can see a 8" x 9" as not being compliant and could not be considered, or is it in the "spirt" of the class? I not would want to put an entry in just to find out it was a waste of time entering the contest part of the Expo.

Thanks for any clarifications.

Marty

MAP

Hi Marty,
I'm not sure how much slack is allowed, but each of the categories says "no measurement can exceed xx inches".  Hopefully one of the Expo crew sees your post and weighs in.
Mark

NEMMRRC

I believe if the entry exceeds the requirements it gets moved up to the next category up in size.

Just bring your diorama and once at the contest room you can trim the branches on your tree.

Jaime

robertseckler

Martin
I am contest chair
For 1/4" it will be fine for 8"x8" category
Like you said it it was 8"x9"
I would move it up one category
Hope this helps