C. L. Innes Aerated Water Manufacturer

Started by Mark Dalrymple, October 05, 2015, 05:02:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Dalrymple

Thanks Gregory. 

I will be changing up this kit a bit - and half of it has a longer deadline than the other half - so it will be built in two goes.  The main structure fits on this present diorama, but the secondary structure and the tank farm will fit in front of this diorama.  I love the look of the tank farm, and so have moved it to the front of the layout.  The various buildings will be connected with scratch-built walk-overs.

Cheers, mark.

tom.boyd.125

Mark,
What a fantastic looking skyline !  8)
Tom
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

Mark Dalrymple

Thanks Tom!  Pleased you like it.

Just wanted to let people know that I haven't abandoned this project!  We are getting close to finally getting our post 2011 earthquake insurance payout - more that 5 full years after the event!  And that has been eating into my time and thoughts of late.  You think by now it might all be over - but know - we had another 5.7 quake the other day, and then a 4.3 in the middle of the night about 5km directly under our house.  On the hill - on the rock - it just goes with an unbelievable BANG!  And then for the rest of the night the earth was buzzing underneath and it felt like the house could get swallowed up at any minute!

Anyway - enough of that nonsense!  I have been working frantically towards getting my diorama far enough along to merit taking it all the way to Wellington - and so have not find time to do any updates online.  I have been taking photos as I go along, and will do a mass post after Easter.  The build thread on the Jon H. Olson Chemical Co. does not follow the instructions too closely.  I found trying to follow along and get in someone eases head space just too time consuming and very frustrating.  There are plenty of elevations and exploded diagrams to be able to work out how to put it together.  I have found several problems and will discuss these and how I addressed them.  On the whole the fit has been pretty good - although the one upside down wall on the tower was a bit of a major - not me - the wall was cut upside down.

More soon, cheers, Mark.

deemery

Hope your latest earthquakes didn't cause any more damage to your region.  Looking forward to seeing progress on your layout.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

S&S RR

Looks great Mark - I'm looking forward to your future posts.  Take care - it has to be tough having the ground moving underneath your feet.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

bparrish

Mark..........

I just can't help going back to an earlier part of this thread and the humor of aerated water....

This is like putting two dehydrated water tablets in a cup, add water, and your cup runneth over ! ! !

Sorry....... couldn't help myself...

see ya
Bob
Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

postalkarl

Hi Mark:

Very nicely done so far. I love the way its is taking shape. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Karl