2015 Pacific Southwest Region convention layout photos

Started by jbvb, October 05, 2015, 08:49:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbvb

Here are some Phoenix-area layouts I visited during the convention.  If anyone else has more/better photos, feel free:

The Gilbert (AZ) Model Railroad Club layout:
James

jbvb

The HO layout at the McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park in Scottsdale:

James

jbvb

The N layout at the McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park:

James

jbvb

Russ Henzel's rendition of the Philadelphia-area PRR:
James

S&S RR

James

Thanks for sharing your photographs - I sure would have liked to have been there.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

GPdemayo

Thanks for posting your photos James. Looks like a lot of neat things are going on out West.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

James,

Thanks for sharing the pictures with us.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Erieman

Good Morning James and thank you for posting some pictures of layouts from our convention. I hope you continue to post more pics of what you did during your visit to the convention. It was a pleasure meeting you during the layout tours. I had over 60 people visit my layout over the three day period, with the majority of the visitors on Sunday. At one point, I lost track of the trains ( they were in the dark) and had a small rear end bump. derailed the caboose, shorted the layout briefly and went back to running two long trains that I could keep far enough away from each other.
Thank you also for the layout info. Russ and I have been discussing design details and will be making a mockup of the area. Looking for of your pictures.

Frank / Erieman 

jbvb

You're welcome, all.

Frank, between this thread, the photos of your layout I posted to yours, and those I posted to the UP Wyoming Div. thread, that's all that came out decently.  I was shooting for depth of field, so exposures were long in most of the layouts' lighting.  And a couple of layouts (not yours or Russ's) had rather uneven lighting, so there were scenes I liked but couldn't photograph.  Some I shot came out blurred, either because the train was moving or I didn't hold the camera steady enough.

This is why the pros bring lights and multiple tripods and steady rests when a national magazine takes an interest.  I have the equipment at home, but it doesn't travel well and isn't compatible with layout tours.  My on-camera flash rarely produces a good picture of a model or a layout, so as I do more travel I should probably look into portable off-camera flash.
James