SWSM RailRoad Camp Dio

Started by EricQuebec, February 14, 2016, 11:28:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twopoint2

donatode

Can't say it enough Eric....you are an ARTIST and a consistent one at that.

EricQuebec

Quote from: postalkarl on March 03, 2016, 04:38:52 PM
Hi Eric:

You did a wonderful job on this one. Keep em coming.

Karl

Thank you very much for your comment Karl :)

Eric Québec city

EricQuebec

Quote from: Mike Engler on March 03, 2016, 06:34:54 PM
Quote from: EricQuebec on February 14, 2016, 05:44:27 PM
Quote from: ak-milw on February 14, 2016, 12:40:25 PM
Very nice Eric, really like the clutter. I found the best thing about kits are all the extra's you get. I can sratch build any building but it's the casting that make it.

8)
You right, but it think you forget all the thing you can learn from the instruction :) . I've scratchbuild a lot of building, and in my case, this Kind of kit have teach me some new technique and method that I've van not imagine without. And all his techniques and method are great value form me :)
Thank you very much for your comment.
Eric Québec city

Beautiful job Eric- very well done. You are right that Brett's kits are a great learning experience for scratchbuilding construction techniques, and for detailing and staining and weathering. Though you need time and patience, they actually are a great beginner's craftsman kit since they are so instructional.

Thank you for your comment Mike, I much appreciate it.

Eric Québec city

EricQuebec

Quote from: sdrees on March 03, 2016, 06:45:00 PM
Hi Eric,

Your diorama is very nice.  It is all in the finish.  I have built several of Brett's kits and he spends a great amount of time in his instruction manual on how to apply the finish to the model.  Until I built my first Sierra West kit, I never paid that much attention to the finish. Now, the majority of the time to build one of his kits is spent on finishing. 

Great job.

Hi Steve,
Thank for stop by. You right, I've begin to really paid attention to the finish when I've assemble my first FSM kit. SInce this time, I spent no less than a 4 to 6weeks  to make the finishes on a DIo  (In my case, a week is approximatively 22-25 hour of work).

Eric Québec city

EricQuebec

Quote from: Twopoint2 on March 03, 2016, 08:17:30 PM
Awesome Dio  Eric.

Thanks you for your comment TwoPoint2. :)

Eric Québec city

EricQuebec

Quote from: Donato on March 04, 2016, 12:44:15 PM
Can't say it enough Eric....you are an ARTIST and a consistent one at that.

Hi Donato,

Thank you very much for your second good comment about this Dio, I much appreciate it :)
Eric Québec city