SWSM RailRoad Camp Dio

Started by EricQuebec, February 14, 2016, 11:28:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EricQuebec

Hello All,
A brief history of this kit. I,ve purchase it from Sierra West as a special during summer 2014, and I've begin it slowly during the begin of spring of 2015 when I was trying to finish the Wrisley paper Dio. FInally I've totally abandonned the Wrislsey Paper Dio ( must be finished maybe this summer, when I can air out my condo when I will use clear resin.
I've decide to not publish any pictures during the construction of this kit ( but a lot of Picture was taken during this time) and after 9 month of effort here's the final result of this almost finish Diorama.
For conclue I want to said that Sierra West Scale Models Kits are a very nice and funny kit, that are not so difficult, but need a lot of work. But all this work needed are, in my opinion , 110 % pleasure.

Here's some pictures. More will coming later, for night view ( I've make the light in all the building).

EricQuebec

EricQuebec

Here's the last.
As always feel free to comment, and thank you for viewing.

Eric Québec city

donatode

Outstanding Dio Eric....

Thanks for sharing.

ak-milw

Very nice Eric, really like the clutter. I found the best thing about kits are all the extra's you get. I can sratch build any building but it's the casting that make it.

8)

ACL1504

Eric,

Wonderful job on the diorama. It all looks so natural. Thanks for sharing.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

bparrish

Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

EricQuebec

Quote from: Donato on February 14, 2016, 11:40:41 AM
Outstanding Dio Eric....

Thanks for sharing.
Thank you very much Donato  :)

Eric Québec city

EricQuebec

Quote from: ak-milw on February 14, 2016, 12:40:25 PM
Very nice Eric, really like the clutter. I found the best thing about kits are all the extra's you get. I can sratch build any building but it's the casting that make it.

8)
You right, but it think you forget all the thing you can learn from the instruction :) . I've scratchbuild a lot of building, and in my case, this Kind of kit have teach me some new technique and method that I've van not imagine without. And all his techniques and method are great value form me :)
Thank you very much for your comment.
Eric Québec city

EricQuebec

Quote from: ACL1504 on February 14, 2016, 04:49:48 PM
Eric,

Wonderful job on the diorama. It all looks so natural. Thanks for sharing.

Tom ;D

Hey Tom,

Thank your very much for your comment, I really much appreciate it

Eric Québec city

EricQuebec

Quote from: bparrish on February 14, 2016, 05:31:21 PM
Eric...

Great stuff.

thanx
Bob

Thank you Bob for your kind words. I appreciate it.

Eric Québec

coors2u

As always superb work Eric. Glad to see you finish it up. I love the pic with the ford on the blocks.
Dustin

cuse

GPdemayo

Terrific looking scene Eric.....well done.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

martin.ojaste

Eric, It looks like a wonderful implementation of the kit. Brett's instructions are the work of art for sure.