GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

madharry

Quote from: postalkarl on February 23, 2016, 04:19:12 PM
Hi Mike:

Where the heck have you been? Haven't seen you for a while.

Karl

Sorry Karl,

I'm still here but I have just been so busy. The Red Hook Bay show layout has attended 22 train shows in as many months. 4 shows in January alone. Next shows are Eurotrack in Southampton this weekend, then On-TraXs in Utrecht, Holland and then the London Festival of Modelling and so on................ I'm looking forward to meeting Janbouli in Holland!

Also I was voted in as Chairman of my local Railway Modellers club (85 members). Apart from that I am scratch building some British station buildings for a new layout - probably not much interest on this forum.

However I have just received the new kit from Fos - Carter Supply, which I could not resist as my surname is the same!

Keep up the good work and when I come to build FSM 270 I can follow your tips to the letter.  ;)

Mike Carter

Zephyrus52246

This one is in my pile as well.  As I recall it didn't sell well at the time. 

Jeff

Vilius

I don't have it in my pile. Nonetheless I will be watching as too.

I saw new revision of the Driftwood stain at Michaels the other day. Isn't it what you are using, Karl? I didn't buy it though.

Vilius

postalkarl

Hi Vilius:

That's an original bottle of Floquil. I also have the Roundbell brand.

Guys: Here's a resized Duroil Sign the fits the wall a little better if you want to add it to you kits.

Karl

ACL1504

Quote from: postalkarl on February 23, 2016, 04:57:41 PM
Hi Guys:

Here's the first step per the instructions. Coat the walls with Floquil Drift Wood Stain. Yep I actually have a bottle of the stuff. Here's a photo.

Karl

I'm down to my last three bottles of Floquil Driftwood stain. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

rpdylan

Vilius, what was the driftwood stain you saw at Michaels? What section was it in/ type of product?

Bob C.
Bob C.

postalkarl

jimmillho

I still have 31 bottles of Floquil Stains, 7 of which are Driftwood.

Jim

deemery

Quote from: Donato on February 25, 2016, 12:19:57 PM

Mike Baker ("Nick & Nora Designs") took his wife on a date to go see "Maltese Falcon" at the movie theater last night.  This could be a trend, old movies coming back to theaters.  (Might say something about the quality of new movies, too.)

Karl, thanks for the oil sign.  That's from the PA Oil Country that is part of my model railroad's focus. 

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

postalkarl

Hi Dave:

You are quite welcome. Enjoy the sign.

Karl

postalkarl

Hi All:

Have the main Gas Station building assembled and am working on the roof. here's a photo. I made my red trim a little less dramatic.

Karl

ACL1504

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

postalkarl