Sierrawest Repair Shed - Relaunched

Started by nextceo, March 08, 2016, 12:51:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nextceo

Hey Gang,

I decided to make some modifications to my original Repair Shed Diorama. First I ripped up the HO Scale standard size track and replaced it with narrow gauge track which I felt better fit in with the Backwoods theme. I also tore out all the plaster rock work at the back of the building and replaced it with the higher detailed Geosedic product from Bragdon Enterprises. While I was back there, I added a scrap area where were old broken parts end up.

I added a new video to YouTube that better displays the inside of the Shed along with the Welding Activity (which comes near the end of the 1 minute clip).  Yes, I added some real cobwebs in the rafters to help with the backwoods feel. Make sure you have your sound turned up to get the full feel of the scene...it takes place as dawn breaks in South Western Colorado at the Deer Creek Lumber Company's Repair Shed on August 20th, 1927.

Link to Video:

https://youtu.be/h72NXj05w3g

Here are the pictures reflecting the updates...

ACL1504

Fantastic diorama and wonderful video. That owl sure was singing.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

martin.ojaste

Hmm, more evidence that a model is never completed, only allowed to age and mature before getting a second breath of life. Life you did bring to it.

nextceo

Hey Tom, the sound file said it was a morning dove...not an Owl. Personally I don't know the difference to tell you if that's really a sound of a dove or not.

Thanks Martin...yeah, while I was waiting for stuff to dry on my Machine Shop diorama, I got bored and decided to tinker with the Repair Shed diorama...

Alan

ACL1504

Alan,

Come to think of it, it has to be a morning dove. I don't think owls make that many calls. My Bad!

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com