Sylvan Scale Models 1937 Chevrolet Taxi

Started by Raymo, April 16, 2016, 08:49:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raymo

Rail and Tie

Where's the stick?  Raymo has gone silent again...

...guess I can't complain, I went silent for 2 years!!!
Darryl Jacobs
Inter-Action Hobbies
www.interactionhobbies.com

Raymo

Quote from: Rail and Tie on June 26, 2016, 09:31:35 PM
Where's the stick?  Raymo has gone silent again...

...guess I can't complain, I went silent for 2 years!!!
I have been working on it Darryl, I just haven't taken the time to post pictures.  :)

Raymo

Time for an update... This build is getting close to being done. These photos show the frame/interior. I've painted the seats DRG&W Building Brown, the steering wheel Aged White, the Tru Color yellow on the dash and Bright Silver on the bumpers. I've also have painted areas on the frame seen (just barely) at the wheel wells Grimy Black Paints are Polly S except for the yellow and Silver ( Floquil)

Raymo

The body had all the areas that would be chrome with the Bright Silver, headlights, grille, door handles, hood ornament, trunk handle and hinges. The tail light lens was also painted for a base for the taillight red. The running boards and center post on windshield were painted Grimy Black. Also the taxi light on the roof was painted Bright White.

Raymo

While I had the Bright Silver out, I painted the hubcaps and outer trim rings on the wheels. After the dried, I attached the wheels to the tires. A small drop of thin super glue on the backside of the tire holds them all together.

Raymo

I let them set for a couple hours and the attached them to the frame. Another drop of the thin super glue at the backside holds them to the frame

Raymo

That's it for now. Up next, decals and passengers. :)

Rail and Tie

Nice job on the round wheels!! Mine never turn out that round or even on the paint or tires to rims.
Darryl Jacobs
Inter-Action Hobbies
www.interactionhobbies.com

Raymo

Quote from: Rail and Tie on July 14, 2016, 01:57:13 PM
Nice job on the round wheels!! Mine never turn out that round or even on the paint or tires to rims.
Thanks Darryl.

Raymo

Back to the build, I painted the taxi driver "Leo" and the " Battleing Bickerson's" with some craft paint and gave them a wash with some A&I. They're not the greatest looking people but you'll hardly be able to see them when finished.

Raymo

Next, I applied the supplied decals to the body. Sylvan's decals take a while to release from the backer. Make sure there's plenty of water on the surface or they WILL rip apart.

Raymo

I gave the interior sides a quick coat of the DRG&W Brown. This doesn't need to be done, just personal preference.

Raymo

Before giving everything a coat of flat finish, I gave the grille a coat of the Detailer (black) which I've covered in other builds I've done.

Raymo

It was a low humidity day around here so it was a good time to hit everything with a flat finish.