Western Pacific's "Feather River Canyon" in N scale

Started by R Edington, October 06, 2016, 03:19:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Powersteamguy1790

Fantastic Bridge work Rodney.  :) Very well done.

Stay cool and run steam...... 8) 8)

R Edington

Quote from: Powersteamguy1790 on October 08, 2016, 02:41:54 PM
Fantastic Bridge work Rodney.  :)

Thanks Bob and I'll have some pics of some steam soon.

Rodney

Powersteamguy1790

Quote from: R Edington on October 09, 2016, 10:09:24 AM

Quote from: Powersteamguy1790 on October 08, 2016, 02:41:54 PM
Fantastic Bridge work Rodney.  :)

Thanks Bob and I'll have some pics of some steam soon.

Looking forward to it Rodney. ;) :)

Stay cool and run steam....... 8) 8)

ACL1504

Rodney,

This is just wonderful. The Feather River Canyon scene is awesome. And in N scale no less. Fantastic stuff.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

jbvb

I'm impressed too.  The 24" minimum radius will look good with the big steam and diesel lashups and you're leaving plenty of room for scenery.
James

R Edington

Quote from: ACL1504 on October 09, 2016, 04:14:39 PM
Rodney,

This is just wonderful. The Feather River Canyon scene is awesome. And in N scale no less. Fantastic stuff.

Tom ;D

Thanks Tom
One of the reasons I've stayed with n scale, is the scenery to track ratio that is possible. 
Rodney

R Edington

Quote from: jbvb on October 09, 2016, 04:31:30 PM
I'm impressed too.  The 24" minimum radius will look good with the big steam and diesel lashups and you're leaving plenty of room for scenery.

Thanks James
The big steam do look awesome going through the curves and the passenger trains really look at home as well.
Rodney

R Edington

Keddie

On the right is westbound bigboy 4023 with a block of refers headed for Orovile and the other is a general freight pulled by a challenger that just came off the high line going to Portola.

Rodney

R Edington

OK I have a question for those of you that are reading this.

Do you like each post to have a lot of photos or would rather see just 1 or 2 photos per post???

I know that the longer posts makes each pager longer and just wanted to get some opinions on what make it best for you.

Rodney

ak-milw

S&S RR

Quote from: R Edington on October 09, 2016, 08:45:55 PM
OK I have a question for those of you that are reading this.

Do you like each post to have a lot of photos or would rather see just 1 or 2 photos per post???

I know that the longer posts makes each pager longer and just wanted to get some opinions on what make it best for you.

Rodney

I think your doing a great job with the thread. I like having 2-4 pictures per post because of the way the pages end up being formatted. It's your thread and your layout looks wonderful.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

ACL1504

Rodney,

When I add to my thread I usually only show two pictures, three at the most.  I got in the habit of doing this several years ago. On the old forum we could show 6+ pictures with each post. Many times the server would "glitch" and I'd lose the photos and narrative I was typing. This caused me to have to start over on that particular post.

So now, I only do a little narrative and a couple of photos out of habit.

As all the others have written, your thread and your choice. My two cents worth.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Janbouli

I love photo's, don't we all.

R Edington

Rodney

R Edington

Keddie to Williams Loop

I put Quincy Junction at the east end if the Keddie yard, but on the prototype, it was a few miles east of Keddie.

Quincy RR is the line on the right. It was originally just going to have a return loop below Williams Loop but I figured out a way to add the town of Quincy above where my work desk is. 

All the prints will go into the lounge room when I get the walls done in there.

Rodney