The Secret Trip.

Started by Polux, October 23, 2016, 02:32:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Polux

Yep!
Some time ago I built this diorama....
My intention was recreate a typical image on the Second War World at the German territory. Maybe near Berlin...? Who knows...? That's the reason of his name: The Secret Trip ;)

The Scale is 1/35, anyway, the lights are HO stuff. The wagon is a Trumpeter plastic item like the locomotive that "Janbouli/Jan" is building actually. The main idea was add it as well, but finally I decided to show only the platform.
I know isn't the habitual one on the forum, and is a war themed diorama....but is a diorama. 
Hope you like it.   

PS: if isn't a correct thread, please moderators, delete it!! And sorry!!!

Polux

S&S RR

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Janbouli

Excellent Pollux, what a great diorama , and it has a flatcar in the scene too , so 100% fit for the thread imho.
I love photo's, don't we all.

ak-milw

Excellent work, thanks for posting.

Zephyrus52246

Wow.  Excellent night scene.

Jeff

cuse

Love the lighting effect. Really draws you in.

John

Rail and Tie

Really great work!

In the clutter scene with the tire etc., what did you use for the tarp covering it?  The effect turned out well.

Darryl Jacobs
Inter-Action Hobbies
www.interactionhobbies.com

tct855

I must say- Fantastic modeling, weathering, lighting, overall scene realism, subject matter & photography!  Real Nice!!!    Thanx Thom...

NEMMRRC

Very nice. Thanks for sharing your work.

I still wonder why buffers never caught on in North American railroad practices. It's a tad odd to see rolling stock and motive power with buffers.

Jaime

ReadingBob

Very well done!  Thanks for sharing the pictures with us.  I really enjoyed them.   :D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

ACL1504

Polux,
Ditto to all the other comments. The diorama is wonderful and full of really great details.

Thank you for sharing the pictures with us.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Polux

Thank you very much for all your great comments guys ;)

Thanks!

Polux

Quote from: Rail and Tie on October 23, 2016, 09:28:06 PM
Really great work!

In the clutter scene with the tire etc., what did you use for the tarp covering it?  The effect turned out well.

Hi Darryl.
I used this wire sheet. Is really easy to work and you can cut with a simple scissors.
Only need a good coat of primer to work on ;)

Hope this helps!

Rail and Tie

Thanks for the info. Not quite sure what "Wire Sheet" is?  May be a translation issue.  It looks to be a foil of some type. is it lead sheet by chance?

Anyways thank you for posting.

D
Darryl Jacobs
Inter-Action Hobbies
www.interactionhobbies.com