US Tram layout

Started by madharry, December 02, 2016, 04:45:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madharry

Just in case anyone thinks I have gone all foreign.........

I am building a new exhibition layout with my friend Dave depicting a town served by trams. There will be a RDC on an automatic shuttle in the background, a Faller road system and a Magnorail cyclist; but the main feature will our collection of American trams.

The layout will be 12 feet long by 2.5 feet wide, DCC and sound.

I have built a few structures to populate it.

First up Summer Station by Railroad Kits which will serve as our "tram" depot.

Mike

madharry

Continuing...........

A few Fosscale structures and the charming little Tobacco shop from Rail & Tie.............

Mike

rpdylan

You don't have these types of buildings across the pond? Ha ha! 
Bob C.

madharry

Yes it would be very unusual to find a wooden building in the UK as most are made from brick or stone.

Here are a couple more from Carolina and JL Innovative that I intended for the Norway layout. But as I have decided to scratchbuild the Norwegian buildings these are now destined for the US tram layout instead.

Mike

Janbouli

Very nice Mike , so are you gonna sell Fish or leave it Fisk, or make it Fisk's Fish
I love photo's, don't we all.

madharry

Yeah well spotted I will have to change it to FISH!!!

Mike  ;D

GPdemayo

This build sounds like it will  be real interesting.....great start Mike, I'll be watching your progress.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

madharry

Thanks Greg I appreciate you following along.......

Mike

barrymk

If the structures are anything to go by it will be a pleasure to follow along.  Anyway we Brits should stick together, have you noticed there are an awful lot of colonial chaps on this site? ;)
Modelling my version of Colorado Narrow Gauge here in the UK.  Any resemblance to reality is purely accidental.

madharry

Thanks Barry, yes there are one or two of us around.

For my sins I am Chairman of the High Wycombe Model Railway Society and Dave my partner in the tram layout is our ex. Exhibition Manager. Our club is unusual in being comprised of roughly 50/50 following American or British outline with the odd guy going off tangent with German or Norwegian.

Thanks for following, we hope the "tram layout" will be on the British exhibition circuit sometime in 2017.

Mike

madharry

Oh I forgot one more little building...........this one failed to get any way near the top of the ratings in this forum's last build challenge but I like it so it will be featured on our tram layout somewhere. It was a little scratch build attempt of an alternative look to the first Fosscale kit "Big Lou's Diner" but for fish lovers......

Mike

ger deguelle

Powersteamguy1790

Nice work on the buildings Mike. :) 8)

Stay cool and run steam........ 8) 8)

madharry

Thanks Der Guelle and Bob, I appreciate it.
Mike

S&S RR

Mike

Very nice looking builds.  Thanks for sharing them with us. 
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad