The I. M. Dunn Co. FSM JS-19

Started by postalkarl, December 21, 2016, 04:55:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postalkarl

Hi John:

No it is not sparkly. Just larger clumps. Thanks for the compliment.

Karl

GPdemayo

The dirt looks real good Karl..... 8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

postalkarl

Hi Greg:

Thanks. I was hoping it was OK. 1st time I used it.

Karl

postalkarl

Hi All:

George and Frank said I had top get rid of my boulders in my ground cover. So I took an emery board and filed them down and used fine dirt to recover the area. Hope it looks OK.

Karl

fbernard65

Karl,

Looking better.  Now, mix some of the very fine dirt with a little water putty (to make the color a bit lighter) and dust the foot path areas to highlight them.  Then it will be perfect!!!! :)

Frank

postalkarl

Hi Frank:

Will do per our conversation.

Karl

postalkarl

Hi Guys:

OK in following George's & Frank's suggestions I Mixed some water putty with the my fine dirt to lighten it up. I applied it to the diorama dry and blew off the excess. I think I came up with how the color photos look in the kit.

Karl

postalkarl

Hi Guys:
Stone walls are painted and assembled.

Karl

fbernard65

Karl,

The dirt looks much better.  Stone shed is coming along nicely.

Frank

S&S RR

Frank and Karl

Your builds are real coming along nicely. Note: mix water putty with dirt to lighten it up.  Great tip.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

ACL1504

Karl,

The dirt looks good but then I liked the dark dirt also.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

postalkarl

Hi All:

George asked me to mention that Frank & I are using Taskboard for our road surfaces. I sent him a sample and he was impressed with it. It's a very nice textured material. Dick Blick sells it by the sheet. I think you will find it much easier than using plaster. I've been using it for quite some time. I know that Bar Mills uses it in their kits. Jim Mooney introduced me to it.

Karl

Karl

postalkarl

Hi All:

Stone building is done except for some more interior detailing and the roof.

Karl

EricQuebec

Karl,
As usual your work is simply perfect.... But what's happening... It seems to me that you put more time than usual to finalize this kit ... some difficulties ?  :D :D :D :P
Eric Québec city

postalkarl

Hi Eric:

No difficulties just haven't been working quite as fast. Watching more TV I guess.

Karl