The I. M. Dunn Co. FSM JS-19

Started by postalkarl, December 21, 2016, 04:55:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postalkarl

Hi All:

Received my kit for the pre-Build from George today. It even arrived in the Correct box. I guess the boxes came in early this time. Here's a photo of the box. Will be getting my 11 X13 inch base tomorrow at Lowes. Frank Bernard and I will be building this kit together.

Karl

S&S RR

This is going to be a good one!  I'm looking forward to watching the build.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

fbernard65

Karl,

Thanks for starting the thread.  You will need to try to build at my pace because there is no way I can build at your pace.  My base is cut, the retaining walls are painted and installed.  The wood for the trestle bents are stained and cut.  Castings are primed.  I hope to make some good progress this weekend.

Frank

ACL1504

Karl and Frank,

This will be a fun build to follow. I'll be lurking for the whole thing.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

jimmillho

Quote from: ACL1504 on December 21, 2016, 07:00:23 PM
Karl and Frank,

This will be a fun build to follow. I'll be lurking for the whole thing.

Tom ;D

Likewise I'm sure.

Jim

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

S&S RR

Frank

Good luck with slowing Karl down.   ;D
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Janbouli

I love photo's, don't we all.

Dave K.

Even the box is exciting!   ;D Sad...this is the last "new" FSM build thread. Thankfully, our collective stashes overfloweth!

postalkarl

Hi Tom, Jim, Greg, John S., Jan And Dave K.

Thanks for checking in. Glad to have you along for the ride.

Karl

postalkarl

HI Frank:

Glad to see your post. I have to catch up with you know. Talk to ya soon.

Karl

Vilius

postalkarl

Hi Vilius:

Thanks for following along.

Karl

fsmcollector67

Karl,
Do you know if George is shipping them out earlier than expected?
Thanks,
Loren...
9 Fingers Loren.....
"Watch out for that #11 Blade"

tct855

Hi all,
           George wanted me to post a few pictures of his new kit installed on his layout.  Also George will not have any kits ready for distribution until around late January/early February.  The one Karl is building now for George was hand packed special so karl could double check the final product for George.  karl's good like that. ha.  The new kit is now located in Beaver Meadows and works really well in operation.  George has already made some changes and improvements to the scene since these photos were taken.  I'll post newer ones when the kit is officially released.  Thanx Thom...