Superior & Seattle Railroad Build (Volume 2) Started 2/25/17

Started by S&S RR, February 25, 2017, 10:03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

Quote from: PRR Modeler on May 11, 2017, 02:03:43 PM
Looks solid as a rock.

It is and it will be holding a few rocks along the way too.  Thanks for stopping by.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

I just spent the last couple of hours playing with my new toy.  I bought a new iPad Pro - my old iPad was the one Steve Jobs used for the demo it was so old. I bought it so I could mark up photographs like a saw Frank Baker do when I visited him in March.  So tonight I decided to give it a try. New machine, new software, so here is what I was able to do in 2 hours. I'm using an application called PROCREATE. The first photo is the one I posted a couple of days ago showing the benchwork and shelf in my new area.  I imported the picture, then drew tunnel portals, landforms, at tree and then added a picture of a structure that was handy. I'm going to really like this. What do you think of this for a modeling tool?

John Siekirk

S&S RR

My next step is going to be taking proper perspective photographs of the areas I want to visualize. Then I need to collect and learning to properly scale photographs of the structures I want to add in each area. Then the games will begin.
John Siekirk

PRR Modeler

Wow, that can be used as a great planning tool for what would this look like?
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

jimmillho

Quote from: PRR Modeler on May 12, 2017, 11:17:13 AM

I agree with the comments.  That looks like a great planning tool.

Jim

S&S RR

Hi Curt

Yes - I think it is going to come in real handy.  I plan to take pictures of the layout in the areas where I still need to plan structure placements.  I will add targets to the pictures with known dimensions so I can properly size structure pictures.  I will share a few pictures of the test results.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: jimmillho on May 12, 2017, 11:25:25 AM

I agree with the comments.  That looks like a great planning tool.

Jim

Hi Jim

Thanks for stopping by the thread.  I will post a few more what ifs when I get the sizing worked out.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

I started to get ready to take pictures of the layout for my structure placement and design project. It seems I have collected about 500 trees that need to be planted, currently in foam pallets sitting where the town of Sellios will be built. The area where the yet to be named Seaport town will be is currently the home of all the stuff that I need to put back under the layout when the HOn3 line is complete.  And the nice shelfs I made on top of the helix in the pictures above, well, that is the current home for all my scenery stuff while I reorganize the shelves I normally keep them on.  So the pictures will wait for a few days.  That's my update for today,  back to work.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Today, I got the track laid for the little HOn3 yard.  It is a bit of a switching puzzle but it will work. This area will have a HO to HOn3 transfer facility, a HOn3 engine house,  and a Passenger terminal for my little people to switch trains from one line to the other.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Tomorrow, I hope to wire this up and get it operational.  At that point this area will remain a plywood city until it comes time to finish the city.  That will be a few years from now - lots of structures to build and layout to finish before I will revisit this area.
John Siekirk

postalkarl

S&S RR

Quote from: postalkarl on May 16, 2017, 08:07:07 AM
Hi John:

Looks good. Keep at you'll get there.

Karl

Karl

Thanks for stopping by and for the encouraging words.
John Siekirk

PRR Modeler

It all gets done bit by bit until you realize that it's almost complete.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

S&S RR

Quote from: PRR Modeler on May 16, 2017, 10:00:51 AM
It all gets done bit by bit until you realize that it's almost complete.

Curt

That's right - It is a life long project. That's why a layout can never be complete. A section at a time. Thanks for stopping by the thread.
John Siekirk

jimmillho

John, Do you have any Dual Gauge Track in your plans?

Jim