Superior & Seattle Railroad Build (Volume 2) Started 2/25/17

Started by S&S RR, February 25, 2017, 10:03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

This is the backside - it will be rotated 180 degrees and moved back about 6 feet into it's final location.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

The front side before it was moved into the layout room.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

Bruce Oberleitner

postalkarl

cuse

Wow...that's going to be an amazing scene when you drop it in and fill in the rock work, etc.

John

vinceg

Yes, indeed a spectacular scene.

John, now that you have been through a couple of water techniques, do you have any recommendations? Maybe a better question is what are you going to do for your next water scene? Acrylic or resin or something else?
Vince

Protolancing the Illinois Central Chicago District from Chicago to Kankakee

S&S RR

Quote from: Bruce Oberleitner on January 12, 2019, 07:56:40 PM
OMG!  Absolutely Beautiful John!

;D ;D ;D

Bruce

Thank you for the kind words and for following along as we build a railroad.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: cuse on January 12, 2019, 09:55:53 PM
Wow...that's going to be an amazing scene when you drop it in and fill in the rock work, etc.

John

John

Thank you for following along - I really can't wait to see how this ends up looking. Once I brought it into the room I'm really motivated to get it done and in place. I also have empty workbenches to fill up with new projects. ;)  I will be building Sewall's Foundry (now known as Scwartz Foundry), Fox Run Milling and Swankhammers Welding as my next three builds.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: vinceg on January 13, 2019, 07:09:00 AM
Yes, indeed a spectacular scene.

John, now that you have been through a couple of water techniques, do you have any recommendations? Maybe a better question is what are you going to do for your next water scene? Acrylic or resin or something else?

Vince

All my future water scenes, I have a bunch of them planned, will start with resin. The Acrylics will stay in the tool box for wave and waterfall affects.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

In the process of loading my cart with all the remaining subassemblies and detailing tool & supplies, an amazing thing happened. All three workbenches were clean and the tools put away at the same time.  I thought I would take pictures to document that it can happen. How long will it take me to get all the tools on one workbench, again. ;)

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk