Superior & Seattle Railroad Build (Volume 2) Started 2/25/17

Started by S&S RR, February 25, 2017, 10:03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Bourey

John, I will be watching very closely. Looks interesting  ;)........Dennis Those base are resin? 
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

S&S RR

Quote from: DennisBourey on June 30, 2019, 08:42:14 PM
John, I will be watching very closely. Looks interesting  ;) ........Dennis Those base are resin?

Thank you for following along - yes - the base castings for the roundhouse are resin.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Dennis Bourey

Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

S&S RR

John Siekirk

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

I'm gluing down the last of the track in the South Yard, today.  For the next couple weeks it's going to be wiring and control panel building. First step, will be to add another 30 tortoise machines, then I will be soldiering jumpers for a few days. I will be posting pictures when the control panels start going in - I'm still working on how I want them to be organized. 
John Siekirk

PRR Modeler

When you have all the track down can you do a overhead view?
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

postalkarl

Hey John:

Looks great so far and will be following along.

Karl

S&S RR

Quote from: PRR Modeler on July 02, 2019, 05:24:34 PM

Curt

Will do - I should be removing all the weights tomorrow, and will take a few overhead pictures so you can see the track plan.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: postalkarl on July 02, 2019, 05:49:41 PM
Hey John:

Looks great so far and will be following along.

Karl

Karl

Thank you, it's great having you along for the ride.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Update:  I spent most of the day, today, working on putting my workshop back together in it's new and improved,  expanded format.   ;D  I feel some structure building coming on, in parallel to the wiring of the layout expansion. ;) ;D
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: S&S RR on July 02, 2019, 06:46:51 PM
Quote from: PRR Modeler on July 02, 2019, 05:24:34 PM

Curt

Will do - I should be removing all the weights tomorrow, and will take a few overhead pictures so you can see the track plan.

Curt

I removed all the weights and tools, etc from the top surface so I could take some overall photographs.  I think you will be able to see how this section will work from these pictures. I will try to add some ink, to quote one of our forum members, to try to explain what is planned.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

This first picture is of the West Yard. The mainline (third track from the left) comes out of the tunnel from the lowest level of the helix on the far end. The two tracks on the left of the main and three tracks on the right provide access to the North Yard and room for train sorting and staging. The second track from the right also provides a return from the South Yard and the reversing WYE. I plan to add background structures along the wall on the left side.[size=78%] [/size]

John Siekirk

S&S RR

This picture shows the top of the T shaped yard.  You can see the reversing WYE - it is designed to be able to turn a 14 car train without splitting.

John Siekirk