Superior & Seattle Railroad Build (Volume 2) Started 2/25/17

Started by S&S RR, February 25, 2017, 10:03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

I also made some painting fixtures today to help speed up the casting and detail part painting process. I use popsicle sticks - two different sizes - to glue my detail casting to for paint. I made slits in a six inch long piece of 1x3 to hold the sticks.  I also made one for painting window castings.

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

Here is a picture of the sticks - now to start gluing castings to them.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

The settings I'm using in Apple photos is the large size for these pictures. The smaller ones that Eric and I didn't like is with the medium setting.  Sure would be nice to have something in-between.

John Siekirk

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Dave K.

Quote from: S&S RR on October 23, 2017, 09:51:55 PM
As promised, here are the pictures I took after I completed laying out the base boards for the industrial area of Eagles Nest Yard.  I set the yellow boxes in position to get a feel for what it will look like when the builds are in place, at least by looking at the picture on the box.

What a beautiful sight!

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: Dave K. on November 22, 2017, 12:43:54 PM
Quote from: S&S RR on October 23, 2017, 09:51:55 PM
As promised, here are the pictures I took after I completed laying out the base boards for the industrial area of Eagles Nest Yard.  I set the yellow boxes in position to get a feel for what it will look like when the builds are in place, at least by looking at the picture on the box.

What a beautiful sight!

David

I have been waiting a long time to build what's in those yellow boxes. Thanks for stopping by - I hope to be able to show this scene with finished builds sometime soon.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

I made some progress on a number of fronts today. I got the roof card made for the Locomotive Works build.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

The big project for today, was cleaning and mounting detail castings - getting them ready for my next two builds.  The sticks that are labeled F are for the Fox Run build and the rest are for the Locomotive Works build.  I'm about half way through this task and have castings spread all over the place.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Today, the castings are heading for the paint both.  Film at 11 - as they use to say when we had news programs.
John Siekirk

jimmillho

That's a lot of castings.

Hope you don't misplace any of them.

Jim

S&S RR

Quote from: jimmillho on November 24, 2017, 11:07:28 AM
That's a lot of castings.

Hope you don't misplace any of them.

Jim

Hi Jim

Thanks for stopping by the thread - I actually have the sticks labeled so I know which project they are for. I have a few hours of painting ahead of me.
John Siekirk