Baxter's Final Photos:

Started by postalkarl, January 04, 2018, 04:38:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPdemayo

Beautiful work Dan.....great structures and outstanding detailing and scenery.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

postalkarl

Hi John S., Steve D., Steve C, Doanato, Dave K, Vince & Greg:

Hey Guys thanks for all the great compliments. Much appreciated as always.

Karl

postalkarl

Hi vince:

To answer you question about the trees. They are bu Heki. Also the trackside building has been completely changed. Kit walls are cardstock with shingles. Made new clapboard walls and painted them, with earth instead of white.

Karl

Raymo

Karl, Your version of Baxter's came out great and I'll use it as a reference for mine as I build it. I also started mine in July... July of 2014...

tct855

Special K,
             I agree with Danny, your kit came out awesome.  It looks like a complicated build indeed.  I guess George knows a thing or two as a supreme designer eagh!. I wonder what challenges him as a structure builder?   Thanx Thom...

postalkarl

Hi Raymo & Thom:

Thanks for the compliments. Much appreciated as always.

Karl

Jerry

Hey Karl very nice.  Always liked your weathering just right never overdone.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

postalkarl

Hi Jerry:

Thanks much appreciated.

Karl

postalkarl

Hi Guys:

Found this photo of the real lumber yard Baxter's is based on in my Dad's old photos. He was into local history. It is in Sellersville, Pa. about 7 miles from where I live and I had seen it many time driving up rout 309. Enjoy the pic. It was the A. S Cressman Lumber Yard. The bridge you see on the left is Route 309 going through Sellersville.

Karl

Raymo

Dave K.

Ditto that. Love seeing the protos our kits were based on. 👍🏻

Lynnb

Really nice modeling Karl, another feather in your cap.
Ontario, Canada
The Great White North

My Layout Venture-> https://modelersforum.com/index.php?topic=6003.0

S&S RR

Karl

Thanks for sharing the photo of the original structure. And keep up the great modeling.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

postalkarl

Hi Raymo, Dave K., Lynn & John S.

Glad you enjoyed the photo of the prototype the kit came from. Glad I found it.

Karl

vinceg

Quote from: postalkarl on January 28, 2018, 01:46:17 PM
Hi Guys:

Found this photo of the real lumber yard Baxter's is based on in my Dad's old photos. He was into local history. It is in Sellersville, Pa. about 7 miles from where I live and I had seen it many time driving up rout 309. Enjoy the pic. It was the A. S Cressman Lumber Yard. The bridge you see on the left is Route 309 going through Sellersville.

Karl

Omigosh - Route 309. I grew up in Ambler, PA (age 0 to fourth grade). You just made some very old neurons fire.
Vince

Protolancing the Illinois Central Chicago District from Chicago to Kankakee