Miil Falls

Started by madharry, April 19, 2018, 06:47:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madharry

Mill Falls is being exhibited this weekend at the De Havilland Model Railway Society. This is likely to be it's penulimate show before the prestigious Gaugemaster Weekend in September. Then it is likely to be sold. Gaugemaster are a distributor in the UK along the lines of Walthers. In 2016 Red Hook Bay was voted best in show by the visiting public.

Here are a few pictures of Mill Falls which is based on fictious New England mill town. Structures include three South River Modelworks kits, Fine Scale Miniatures Stuffy's Brewery Co, Fos Red Bird Taxi, Crawford Notch Depot, dozens of vehicles and several other kits too numerous to mention. The layout is DCC and features an RTA, flashing crossing lights, full signalling and features such as a piano player playing in Stuffy's. The layout is scenically 9 foot by 2 foot with two fiddle yards at each end which allows through traffic. Magnets under the track allow switching onto any of the six spurs. A custom built switch panel controls the turnouts.

Mike

madharry

And a few more..................

Janbouli

Thanks for sharing Mike , another great looking layout, saved the photo's to my Mike Carter files  ;)
I love photo's, don't we all.

postalkarl

Hi mike:

Yeah that is a really cool looking layout. Lots of great kits.

Karl

madharry

I am honoured Jan, thanks. Thank you Karl for your kind words.............

Here are a few more...............

madharry

And a couple more.......................

Mike

PRR Modeler

Awesome layout Mike. Thanks for sharing.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Zephyrus52246

Cool layout.  Thanks for sharing it

Jeff

madharry

Thanks for kind comments Curt and Jeff it is appreciated. The layout was built 14 years ago. In that time I have learnt a lot especially from you guys on MF.

Mike :)

Mark Dalrymple

Very nice layout, Mike. 

I believe I spy a Master Creations kit in the background?

Cheers, Mark.

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

Mike,

Well done my friend, very well done. I love the Po Po scene and crash.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

tct855

Madharry,

You, are a Madman!

https://www.getyarn.io/yarn-clip/8bc807d5-c1da-4da8-af1c-fecbfa66bc87

I absolutely love your eye on detailing damn near everything. (got to say this) except for that wheelbarrow. Not a complaint, just an honest critique my friend.  Now move your wrinkly arse and get'r done!

Love yah dude.  Thanx Thom...

madharry

Quote from: mark dalrymple on April 19, 2018, 03:09:38 PM
Very nice layout, Mike. 

I believe I spy a Master Creations kit in the background?

Cheers, Mark.
Yes it disguises the off rail scene. I have built several and they seem rather like scratch building due to poor instructions. That is why BTS took them over in the end. Great kits, wonderful ideas but poor instructions. Shame...............

madharry

Greg and Tom as always thanks for your support. :) :) :)

Mike