Seeking SRMW Millett Creamery and Threadwell Textile

Started by vinceg, August 18, 2018, 03:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vinceg

I love the SRMW kits. I have all but these two (and the stone roundhouse, but I'm not trying to get that....I already have a brick roundhouse that I won't need for my diesel layout...will probably just make a standalone diorama out of that).

I'm not a just a collector - I expect to build them all and put them on my layout. But, since Bob started SRMW way back when, I have come to better appreciate how unique the kits are and how much I enjoy building them. If you have one or know someone that has one that would like to sell it, please PM me.

I know a bunch of these were flying around on eBay a while back. Haven't seen any in a while but I'll keep watching there, too.

Cheers,
Vince
Vince

Protolancing the Illinois Central Chicago District from Chicago to Kankakee

tom.boyd.125

Vince,
Also check brasstrains.com too, last month they had 7 SRMW available, this month only 3, they receive a lot of craftsman kits via estate sales.
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

rpdylan

try fsmkits.com also,,, super great guy that I've done business with in the past. He also goes to the Springfield show and the Expo shows. 
Bob C.

NEMMRRC

I sure hope you find these kits. They are way cool and so much fun to build.

A full SRM collection is quite an accomplishment. Don't give up on the stone roundhouse. I've seen it go for as little as $600 on eBay.

Good luck and post some pictures when you've built them.

Jaime
My last SRM build thread

S&S RR

Vince

Give John a call at FSMkits he found a Threadwell's for me in the last year (the one I'm building now)- very good price. I have bought a number of my FSM and SRMW kits from him over the years. 
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

vinceg

Quote from: S&S RR on September 24, 2018, 07:27:11 PM
Vince

Give John a call at FSMkits he found a Threadwell's for me in the last year (the one I'm building now)- very good price. I have bought a number of my FSM and SRMW kits from him over the years.

Yup. Did that, thanks. I'm mostly interested in Millett's. I probably shouldn't look for more structures that require water (Threadwell). He's keeping an eye out.

Thanks, all.
Vince

Protolancing the Illinois Central Chicago District from Chicago to Kankakee