Howard Zane's Piermont Division

Started by ACL1504, April 27, 2014, 03:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPdemayo

We really need to have a road trip up to Columbia and visit Howard.....
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

Quote from: GPdemayo on May 01, 2014, 05:03:17 PM

When are we leaving?
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

S&S RR

If you guys can arrange a Modeler's Forum Open house at Howard's I would consider the drive from Michigan.  How about as part of the EXPO?  Once I get to the other side of Pennsylvania what's a few more miles.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

ACL1504

Quote from: S&S RR on May 01, 2014, 08:14:27 PM

If you guys can arrange a Modeler's Forum Open house at Howard's I would consider the drive from Michigan.  How about as part of the EXPO?  Once I get to the other side of Pennsylvania what's a few more miles.

John,

That's what I was thinking. A trip to Howard's during the Expo.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Here is Howard's version of a small work shop! Pictures are going around the room to the right! He kills me!

More photos this weekend.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

S&S RR

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

bparrish

That's not just a work room............ It's a hobby shop........

Hey Howard....................  how ya fixed for .012" sheet brass ? ? ?

see ya
Bob
Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

BrianM

Howard: That's a mighty impressive stock of paint, so how many of those bottles are still liquid and usable?  if you tell us "all of them", then what's your secret to keeping the paint from drying out when stored "lid/cap up"?
BrianM - sometimes home in San Antonio, TX

ACL1504

Quote from: S&S RR on May 09, 2014, 06:59:58 PM
Now that is a nice workshop!

Yes, it is and when I first saw it I was speechless for some time. All I could do was look or better yet stare while my Babe wiped the drool from my chin.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: bparrish on May 09, 2014, 07:48:05 PM
That's not just a work room............ It's a hobby shop........

Hey Howard....................  how ya fixed for .012" sheet brass ? ? ?

see ya
Bob

Bob,

I'm not sure he has the brass but he seems to have everything else.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: BrianM on May 09, 2014, 08:02:13 PM
Howard: That's a mighty impressive stock of paint, so how many of those bottles are still liquid and usable?  if you tell us "all of them", then what's your secret to keeping the paint from drying out when stored "lid/cap up"?

Brian,

I don't think Howard takes the time to read all the forums but he does store the "cap up" like me. I've never stored any Floquil paints "cap down". I have some that are 40+ years old and still excellent paints.

Also one of the things I do every time I use any Floquil paint is to wipe the top of the jar to remove any paint. Over a period of time that paint can build up in the cap, dry and this causes the hard paint to not let the cap close tight on the jar - thus allowing the paint in the jar to harden. I've seen people use the some form of paper or glad wrap to secure the seal. If my lid is clean of paint build up I don't have a problem with the paint drying.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

GPdemayo

Quote from: ACL1504 on May 10, 2014, 07:54:14 AM

Yes, it is and when I first saw it I was speechless for some time. All I could do was look or better yet stare while my Babe wiped the drool from my chin.

Tom ;D

Amazing.....someone with a bigger stock of paint than you!
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL