Removal of old layout from benchwork down and more.

Started by ACL1504, December 20, 2013, 06:54:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cuse

S&S RR

WOW! Time for a brand new build.  Have you posted the plans anywhere?  Are you going to continue here or start a new build thread?
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

gnatshop

Apologies to Li'l Bobby P. for my comment earlier on your brass body parts, but after looking
at Uncle Tommy's demolition - the winner of the biggest brass ones goes to that Langford boy!
Should know - here's his favorite secondary job:

Erieman

Congratulations on reaching a milestone on your project. It has been a lot of work and tears taking the layout apart, but now the fun begins. Are you going to share your ideas on the new build? Are you going to make scale models? Inquiring minds want to know.  By the way, It was me that mentioned the stain glass window. Really looking forward to the new build thread. First you have to paint the walls and put down the new carpet? You are like the energizer bunny. Looking forward to the start. If you need to discuss any ideas, you have my number. And we can always SKYPE!!! Enjoy the weekend.

Frank / Erieman

ReadingBob

:'( 

However I am certainly looking forward to the construction of the new layout.   :D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

bparrish

Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

Zephyrus52246

I hope the bird didn't leave anything behind.   ;D Looking forward to the new construction.

Jeff

ACL1504

Quote from: Cuse on March 27, 2014, 07:43:56 PM
Just WOW!

Alright...now the fun starts!

John

John,

Thanks for stopping by! I have a few items of prepping to get ready for the new layout. I hope to start the bench work with in the next month.

Tom ;D

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: S&S RR on March 27, 2014, 08:35:34 PM
WOW! Time for a brand new build.  Have you posted the plans anywhere?  Are you going to continue here or start a new build thread?

John,

Yes, finally it's time and yes a few planning ideas have been posted on this forum.

http://modelersforum.com/index.php?topic=53.0

I'll be adding actual concept drawings this weekend.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: GPdemayo on March 27, 2014, 08:41:38 PM
Yeah Tom, seen any plans lately ??? ;D

Gregory,

As a matter of fact I've seen plenty from my friend Frank Baker, Erieman, and of course something from you. I'll be posting them this weekend.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: gnatshop on March 27, 2014, 11:05:27 PM
Apologies to Li'l Bobby P. for my comment earlier on your brass body parts, but after looking
at Uncle Tommy's demolition - the winner of the biggest brass ones goes to that Langford boy!
Should know - here's his favorite secondary job:
Gman,

Thanks for the support and for giving me more credit than I deserve. One has to be pretty crazy to attempt this project. Yes, I am CRAZY and love it! What a way to go! Tis always good to see you my friend.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Erieman on March 28, 2014, 12:05:59 AM
Congratulations on reaching a milestone on your project. It has been a lot of work and tears taking the layout apart, but now the fun begins. Are you going to share your ideas on the new build? Are you going to make scale models? Inquiring minds want to know.  By the way, It was me that mentioned the stain glass window. Really looking forward to the new build thread. First you have to paint the walls and put down the new carpet? You are like the energizer bunny. Looking forward to the start. If you need to discuss any ideas, you have my number. And we can always SKYPE!!! Enjoy the weekend.

Frank / Erieman

Frank,

I remember now it was you that mentioned the stained glass. I'll be sharing my ideas and yours in a coming thread. Hopefully I'll get something posted this weekend.

I just couldn't leave the walls the way they were from the old layout and the green carpet needed to be replaced as well. Besides a new layout needs, no it begs/screams for a new room to boot!

Speaking of a boot, I need to boot myself in the A-- and get my Skype up and running. I have the camera - it's just taking the time to do it!

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: ReadingBob on March 28, 2014, 07:30:24 AM
:'( 

However I am certainly looking forward to the construction of the new layout.   :D

Bob,

I'm looking forward to it as well. My Babe asked me again, "You aren't going to be changing this one several times are you"? "Of course not honey, I'm getting the track plan together and it won't change"! Fingers crossed here. Mt Babe just looked at me. I haven't seen that look before.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com