Shadowlands and Tellynott

Started by Mark Dalrymple, July 04, 2019, 05:24:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

Mark, Cheers,

Wow, you have track and then more track. I love it! Great progress my friend.

Nothing satisfies me more than seeing track on the layout and how it will all work.

The elevated track will give the trains some very prototypical looks. Fantastic looking Mark.

Tom
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Mark Dalrymple

Quote from: ACL1504 on July 03, 2024, 02:07:08 PMMark, Cheers,

Wow, you have track and then more track. I love it! Great progress my friend.

Nothing satisfies me more than seeing track on the layout and how it will all work.

The elevated track will give the trains some very prototypical looks. Fantastic looking Mark.

Tom

Thanks, Tom!

I'm busy looking into operations when it's too cold for the layout room.  That's a rabbit hole and a half!
 Until I build that dummy wall and get a heat pump in there, 2 or 3 cold days in a row and it really does cool down in there.  Probably around 40F or so.  BRRRR!  When my nose is running out there I usually don't last too long!  I'm looking forward to scratchbuilding a sawmill, too.  I figured that 16mm (about 5/8') will make a big difference to the look.  My limeworks has the same and it looks fabulous in all the Sheepscot photos.

Cheers, Mark.

Cheers, Mark.

Mark Dalrymple

Hi guys.

A couple of photos of todays progress.

Photo 1 - shows the enclosed aerial conveyor taking shape.  You can see the camelback clears easily.
IMG20240704164559comp.jpg

Photo 2 - a little closer and angled.  I used 3x1's for the cleats of the sloped walkway.  I will add timber work to the hopper intake and the rooftop connection to the conveyor.
IMG20240704164614comp.jpg

I also got a small timber bridge repaired that had taken a tumble.

More soon, cheers, Mark.

nycjeff

Hello Mark, thanks for the update and the great pictures. Be careful when taking those overhead shots- it looks like you are standing on the top of a ladder, the fllor looks to be a long way down.
Jeff Firestone
Morristown, Arizona
modeling the New York Central in rural Ohio in the late 1940's