Backwoods NE in Florida

Started by cuse, December 21, 2013, 08:35:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janbouli

Quote from: Cuse on November 06, 2015, 08:53:14 PM

This land grab signals the end of my n scale forced perspective experiment. I now have a handful of n scale built up craftsman kits for sale and a couple of nice boats and bunches of vehicles, etc. If you know anyone, let me know. Sorry Jan, you're on your own brother.

John

Sad to hear this John .

Do you have a list of the boats and vehicles and maybe you also still have some unbuilt structures? The built structures are great but would be a shipping problem.
I love photo's, don't we all.

cuse

Jan,
I'll do a little inventory and, if there's some interest, we can definitely work out a tremendous "Forum Discount" with the understanding that someday, when I come that way, you'll be my guide to Ontrax (did I get that right?)

John

cuse

Good carpentry day today...new corner framed in. Much of the styrofoam will be cut away to reveal the bay. When track is decided on, I'll put down homasote in the areas around and under the track. That may be a while as I am very much undecided how best to lay out the area which will feature Fos' Printers Row and Bar Mills Cundy Harbor up front. I may even wait until well into next year, so I can really study Doug's display (and hopefully Bar Mills' too) at the Expo to help me figure out how to lay it all out. I'll probably fiddle with it a bit more and then go back to other projects on the layout.

John

S&S RR

John

Great to see new benchwork and layout expansion - I enjoy the design work as much as the building.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

jrmueller

John - You might want to check with Artie to see if he has a schematic for the foot print of Cundy Harbor.  He was able to send me one foe Cundy Village.  Jim
Jim Mueller
Superintendent(Retired)
Westchester and Boston Railroad

cuse

Great idea Jim. I actually cut out some cardboard for the rough dimensions of Printers Row and was pondering asking Doug for ANYthing he has...drawings, sketches, etc to play with. I've copied and cut up Bar Mills directions in the past to make full size mockups.

John

Janbouli

Quote from: Cuse on November 08, 2015, 08:36:49 AM
Jan,
I'll do a little inventory and, if there's some interest, we can definitely work out a tremendous "Forum Discount" with the understanding that someday, when I come that way, you'll be my guide to Ontrax (did I get that right?)

John

Seems like a very good idea John.

cuse

Jan,
I've been a little sidetracked. I'm thinking I'll hold onto my little collection of N scale finery. I've got a nice fish tank in the living room that I'm sick of cleaning. When the lone inhabitant goes to the great toilet in the sky. I may just insert a little diorama.

Also, who can spot what's missing?

John

Janbouli

GPdemayo

Holy crap.....where did your layout go John..... :o
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ReadingBob

Quote from: GPdemayo on November 26, 2015, 08:56:09 AM

What he said!   :o  Times two!!  :o  :o
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

GPdemayo

Quote from: ReadingBob on November 26, 2015, 10:05:31 AM

What he said!   :o  Times two!!  :o  :o
Hey Bob.....l'll see your two and raise you one!  :D ;D ;D
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

cuse

On this day, I'm thankful that I have the ability to rip down a perfectly great layout and start over because I think I can do better!

More to come soon. Building salvage has been a complete success...one to go!

John

ACL1504

Quote from: GPdemayo on November 26, 2015, 11:48:47 AM
Quote from: ReadingBob on November 26, 2015, 10:05:31 AM

What he said!   :o  Times two!!  :o :o
Hey Bob.....l'll see your two and raise you one!  :D ;D ;D

What they said and one more.
WOWSER!

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Cuse on November 26, 2015, 12:22:59 PM
On this day, I'm thankful that I have the ability to rip down a perfectly great layout and start over because I think I can do better!

More to come soon. Building salvage has been a complete success...one to go!

John

John,

I want to apologize for the sickness I seemed to have passed on to you. You have been around to many of my layout redos. For that I'm sorry.

However, on the good side, you'll be much happier when you find the right look and for that I'm not sorry!

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com