FOS Moscone Bail Bonds - 2021 Build Challenge

Started by ReadingBob, January 02, 2021, 12:08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReadingBob

Quote from: GPdemayo on March 17, 2021, 08:20:47 AM
Very well don Bob, good recovery with the boo boo's.....the lighting is outstanding.  8)

Thanks buddy!  I seem to be getting more klutzy at the workbench lately.   ::)  Luckily the damage wasn't too bad.  Wait until you see the flickering TV in action.  It's subtle but effective in adding a little extra life to the model.  ;)

(Apparently I'm klutz when I type too!)
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

ReadingBob

Quote from: Zephyrus52246 on March 17, 2021, 08:46:18 AM
Another gem, Bob.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff!  I really enjoyed building this one.  Good thing too since I'm about to trade it Tom for the unbuilt kit.   :)  Doug did a wonderful job engineering this one. 
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

ReadingBob

Quote from: Oldguy on March 17, 2021, 09:41:58 AM
Very, very nice.

Thanks Bob!  Very much appreciate having you follow along and comment.  :)
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

ReadingBob

Quote from: Keep it Rusty on March 17, 2021, 11:05:17 AM
Turned out a treat, Bob! Nice work!

Thanks Craig!  A fun build and an interesting structure for sure.  Thanks for following along and commenting!  :D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

ReadingBob

Quote from: postalkarl on March 17, 2021, 01:56:48 PM
Hey Bob:

The lighting looks just great.

Karl

Hi Karl!  Thanks for the comment.  The lighting is all Slim's fault.  He got me hooked on it.   8)
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

ReadingBob

Quote from: PaulS on March 17, 2021, 04:13:38 PM
Another wonderful build Bob and thanks for sharing it with us.
The lighting also adds so much to these creations of yours,
All the best,
--Paul

Thanks Paul!  Glad to have you following along.  This one will NOT be getting down to Tom's place via the USPS.   >:(  I'll personally drive it down there and hand it off to him.   :D  The drive to his place is much shorter than the drive to your place though I do hope to get up your way someday and see what your up to.  ;) 

(Inside joke - I mailed a build I did for Paul to him a few months back and the USPS turned it back into kit form along the way.)
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

ReadingBob

Quote from: ACL1504 on March 17, 2021, 05:17:41 PM
Bob,

What a great build, boo boo's and all. It will be a wonderful addition to the A&S RR along with the other fantastic "Reading Bob" builds.

Very well done my friend.

Tom  ;D

Thanks Tom!  I'll get it down to you soon.  Maybe it'll factor into some of the Judge's tall takes of life on the A&S.  Lord knows some of his characters need to be bailed out of jail from time to time.   ;D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

Jerry

Bob a real pleasure following along.

Your work & tutorial's are some of the best.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

GPdemayo

Quote from: ReadingBob on March 18, 2021, 06:30:33 AM
Quote from: GPdemayo on March 17, 2021, 08:20:47 AM
Very well don Bob, good recovery with the boo boo's.....the lighting is outstanding.  8)

Thanks buddy!  I seem to be getting more klutzy at the workbench lately.   ::)  Luckily the damage was too bad.  Wait until you see the flickering TV in action.  It's subtle but effective in adding a little extra life to the model.  ;)

Looking forward to it.....your lighting is always fascinating.  :)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Oldguy

Don't know what to add, but it is a really great looking building.  I just can't seem to get around to lighting a building.   Seems easy enough.
Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

ReadingBob

Quote from: Jerry on March 18, 2021, 09:15:09 AM
Bob a real pleasure following along.

Your work & tutorial's are some of the best.

Jerry

Thank you very much for following along Jerry.  Always happy to share what I'm working on with the gang out here.  I get some great tips, suggestions and inspiration from this group.   :D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

ReadingBob

Quote from: Oldguy on March 18, 2021, 09:55:48 AM
Don't know what to add, but it is a really great looking building.  I just can't seem to get around to lighting a building.   Seems easy enough.

Thanks Bob!  I'm nowhere near qualified to work with electricity.  Most of that stuff is way over my head but the methods I learned from Slim (now the proud owner of Railroad Kits!) both in his clinics I attended at the EXPO's and via his Light Bites articles (on his website) removed the fear from me.  The current limiters he sells are Godsend.  I could never figure out what resistor to use to keep from burning out LED's and wouldn't even try.  The most difficult thing, for me, is building those gooseneck lamps.  That's a tedious, exasperating chore but they look so neat in the end.   8)
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net