Thursday - February 18, 2021

Started by ReadingBob, February 18, 2021, 06:49:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReadingBob

Morning all,

T.G.I.T!  Okay, I have tomorrow off.   :D  Maybe I'll gather my tax stuff together tomorrow and get that in the mail to a friend who does my taxes for me.  Aside from that I'll spend the day at the workbench.  Just have to survive one more work day today. 

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Zephyrus52246

Morning, all.

I'm TGIT as well.   :)  But getting ready for work.   :(  It's above zero this morning.   :)

Jeff

ACL1504

Morning all,

I have a few errands to run, then the day is mine for modeling.

Have a safe and healthy day ya'll.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

WigWag Workshop

Hey Der Folks!

High 20's today, and more snow. VPN at work has been having issues, keep getting bumped off. Planning on some workshop time tonight.

Have a Great Day All!

-Steven
A BIG Thanks to all the folks who share their knowledge, and for giving me the inspiration to push the limits in this great hobby!

S&S RR

Good morning! Another winter day here - there will be modeling involved. ;D I hope everyone has a great day.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

tooStupid

Morning,

Driving to Ottawa to see our daughter today abpnd deliver a support cat.

PRR Modeler

Good Morning All,

Dad and I are heading to the hospital in a bit to talk to the doctor together and try to come up with a plan.

I hope everyone has a good day.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

BandOGuy

Back from a snowy drive to get my wife her first COVID shot. Hunkering down for another stretch of snow. On the upside, the Phillies have reported to spring training. In Florida. Hope they didn't drag their weather with them.
Stay safe and warm wherever you may be.
Working on my second million. I gave up on the first.

Opa George

Good morning, everyone,

Snow has given us a virtual learning day today, so reporting in from home.  I also have a construction crew in remodeling our lone bathroom, so this should be interesting!  Today is day two of the tear-out, so lots of noise.  But it's all good.

Best wishes to you, Curt, as you meet with the doctors today.

--Opa George

Opa George

Quote from: BandOGuy on February 18, 2021, 08:20:11 AM
Back from a snowy drive to get my wife her first COVID shot. Hunkering down for another stretch of snow. On the upside, the Phillies have reported to spring training. In Florida. Hope they didn't drag their weather with them.
Stay safe and warm wherever you may be.

One of the best anniversary trips my wife and I ever took was to Clearwater to watch the Phillies in spring training.  That was quite a few years ago but so much fun--we need to do that again.
--Opa George

Keep It Rusty

Morning all.

Thank you for all your well wishes yesterday — it really does mean so much.

Today I've got to catch up with some accounting chores and then I'm planning on getting the main building walls of Emporium put together. Well, that will be amongst some actual work of course ;)

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Blazeman

Good morning, all.

TV man showed us this is one of the snowiest Februarys in their span of record-keeping (for SE PA).  Mere child's play for many of you in more northerly latitudes. 

I did the spring training thing with my boys a couple years.  The youngest was on a semi-pro team out of Delaware that went to Fla and rotated around the camps to play the A rosters of the pro teams.  Won a couple as well.  We attended the game in Clearwater.  At the adjacent fields, the Yankee AA team played the Phils and on another, the Phillies pitchers were being schooled on fielding and covering bunts.  That was fascinating.  The exhibition games with the big league teams in the afternoon are ho-hum after five innings.

Our snow this time is light and fluffy until the sleet/rain comes in later. I'll have to be vigilant and get after it as soon as the reports of mix further south hit the air waves.   Another one supposedly on it's way Sunday night into Monday.

I figure I'll be cutting grass in about two months.

Take care.

Larry

Jim Donovan

GoodMorning;

It sounds like Florida is the place to be right now, glad I am. Windows open, coffee in hand. Stay safe our there for all with the cold, icy weather, I do not miss it.

Jim D
Holland & Odessa Railroad

deemery

I started off the day wrong, having to deal with CVS' voice response system.  Those are SO FRUSTRATING!  (And their website is broken, too.) 

ReadingBob, I emailed you an article you'll find amusing... 

After geology class, I'll head back downstairs, working on some scenery, the store I assembled last night (paint touch-ups, pondering interior), and maybe finish the lighting wiring on the switcher shed.  It's good to have a couple different kinds of projects going.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to