Sunday, February 21, 2021

Started by ACL1504, February 21, 2021, 07:41:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

Morning all,

Cool 58 here this morning. Most of you would consider our temp. a heat wave. I live in Florida for a reason.

Working on the layout again today.

Ya'll have a safe and healthy day.

Tom  ;D

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

MAP

Good morning!  Tom, it's a balmy 16 degrees here.  That's not why I live in Connecticut!  Nice pic.  Chores after breakfast, then some train time this afternoon.  Be safe!
Mark

Raymo

Good Morning. Tom, I'm just excited to see the sun out. Photos of a couple of lumber trucks from a local company

Blazeman

Sun shining away in SE PA.  Still pretty chilly this morning. Precip on the way early tomorrow.  Have to drive through it into Phila.  I'm a bit out of practice for traversing the Schuylkill Expressway.  We'll be hitting the road early.  Great way to start the work week.

"Balmier" temps come later in the week.  And no snow!!!

All be safe.

Larry

Zephyrus52246

Morning, all.

One to three inches of snow predicted for today.  We'll see if the new heated step treads work.  Slowly getting back to the challenge build, but I think I'll finish the tax return today.

Jeff

Jerry

Morning

Weather in South Jersey sunny/23.  RF/8!!  I have no idea why I live in Jersey!
Oh yeah the beach!!

Everyone have a wonderful day!!  :)

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

S&S RR

Good morning!  I'm working on the railroad again, today. More snow for us tonight, too. Plowing may be the order of the day, tomorrow. That's all a got. I hope everyone has a great day.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Janbouli

Good morning , 18c here and sun is abundant, last week we were skating on the canals , this week we are going to the beach , weather is a crazy thing.
I love photo's, don't we all.

tooStupid

Morning,

Yea!  It seems that the sun gods are beginning to win over the winter gods.

Keep It Rusty

Morning all.

I'm currently on a mission to find photos from the 30's & 40's of rooftops. The kind George Sellios was inspired by. Anyone got any they'd like to share? I'm checking out Shorpy too.

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

deemery

Today's big event is Covid shots (wife and I) late afternoon.  Before then, I'll probably do some more scenery skeleton work.  Some of the stuff I did earlier doesn't quite look as good as I first thought...  But that's why I stepped away for a couple of days, to "refresh my eyes."

I'm doing classic cardboard web, with plaster wrap over top.  I built a styrofoam box on top of the access panel, I'll copy the adjacent contour and cut the box later.   The arrow points to a valley that I wasn't sure would work, but it looks OK.  That'll let me do bridges on both the NG line going alongside the hill and SG line in front.   Rosin paper protects the wall (and eventually the backdrops) from plaster/water drips.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

ReadingBob

Morning all,

More workbench time today.  Getting close to finishing Moscone's but haven't decided what I'm going to build next.  I have lot of options though.   :D

Having lived in FL the past 21 years I can say, with certainty, I do not miss snow and ice.  ;)  The heat and humidity can be a bit rough at times but that's a trade off I'm willing to make.

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Oldguy

Looks like we are going to get our first jab on Tuesday,  Gotta go north to the middle of the next county to get them though. 

Received notice that our "Springfield" (MO) Fall show is on for late August.  I've always done well selling stuff their, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  Our local train show is scheduled for March, but not sure If'n I'll go.  Just a little too early for my tastes.

Maybe I can submit a build update.  I tried three times last night, but kept hitting the wrong X and exited everything.  Just gave up at that point.
Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

tom.boyd.125

Afternoon check in today...
Spouse says it's time to get the equipment out to clean the house...
Stay Safe...
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com