Started by ReadingBob, March 18, 2021, 06:25:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keep It Rusty

Morning all.

Coffee on.

Work is waiting.

Apparently my auto warranty is up, too.

Oldguy

It was in the upper 60's a couple of days ago and now it is snowing.  Good ole March.
We got new landline phones that came with a robo call blocker.  To get through, one has to press a specific phone button.  Hardly get any human scam calls.
Still clearing the decks to start a series of scratch builds.  The mail is always sloooow when expecting a package. 

Now where did I put that stairway kit?  I know it's around here somewheres.
Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

deemery

I'm now officially old, turning 65 today...    Don't feel any worse yet... 

Spiking the rails that broke loose in the curved turnouts seems to be going OK, but it's painstaking work, and not my favorite thing to do. 

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

tom.boyd.125

Morning,
Sunny and near 32 now climbing up to 50 today...will be nice all weekend too...
Stay Safe !
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

jrmueller

Good morning y'all. Heavy rain last night so any outside work is canceled. Finished Max's walk and having coffee and a hot cross bun. My guy that picks up leaves is suggesting a price increase. I think I'll let them and him rot. Off to train room stuff. Keep my priorities in order. Jim
Jim Mueller
Superintendent(Retired)
Westchester and Boston Railroad

Rail and Tie

Morning. Spring is in full force in the Western Rockies.

Spam calls and fraud calls. I have been screwing with them lately because it makes me feel better. I answer the call and when I get to talk to a real person, I lay into them about how I feel so sorry for them that this is the only job that they are good for. That they must have a terrible life if they have to do this for a living.  Usually they hang up by then, but if they don't I also mention that I am keeping them on the line so that it is one less call that they will be doing on others.

Darryl Jacobs
Inter-Action Hobbies
www.interactionhobbies.com

Opa George

Be careful if you choose to, or accidentally, answer unknown calls.  Robocalls that are up to scamming or fraud sometimes ask questions that may elicit a "yes" answer, such as "Can you hear me?"  Your answer of "Yes" is recorded and can be used for fraudulent purposes that may ultimately cause you big trouble or at a minimum the inconvenience of having to dispute charges when billed.  I ignore all unknown calls and let them go to voicemail (I do need voicemail for work). The great majority do not leave a message.

Real human callers are less dangerous as long as you don't follow their instructions and don't press any keys except to hang up. Not sure I would mess with them, though. They have your phone number.

--Opa George

NKP768

Top of the day.....

I like to take the call and in a low whisper tell them to " Bring the car around back - I think we can drag him out there"

(Click)

Doug

deemery

The "do not call" registry is not a total loss.  FTC levied a $225m fine on 2 robocallers in TX.  https://www.engadget.com/fcc-225-million-fine-194419208.html   The problem is that most of those a*****es are outside the US and make their connections via Voice over IP.

dave

Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to