Thursday - 03/18/2021

Started by ReadingBob, March 18, 2021, 06:25:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReadingBob

Morning all,

No workbench time last night.  Maybe I'll remedy that tonight.  If not tonight tomorrow for sure since I'm taking the day off.   ;)

I think I've received over a hundred 'final' courtesy calls that my cars extended warranty is about to expire.  Each an every one says it's my last warning.  I never answer them.  They just go straight to voice mail.  My MIL gets them too and she's in an assisted living facility and doesn't own a car.   ::)  There oughta be a law.   >:(

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Mecrr22

We get them for a car that was totaled in an accident and is scrap metal now.  Those people a leaches  on society like so many cams out there today.  Oops just fell off my soap box build something today
Scott Hurley (MECRR22)

ReadingBob

Quote from: Mecrr22 on March 18, 2021, 06:47:14 AM
We get them for a car that was totaled in an accident and is scrap metal now.  Those people a leaches  on society like so many cams out there today.  Oops just fell off my soap box build something today

But at least we have a change of topic from the usual for BandOGuy.   ;)
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

MAP

Good morning!  Great pic Bob.  We get those robo calls as well, which go into VM then get deleted. I've started a minor re-model of the guest bathroom, so there goes my time for modeling.
Mark

Zephyrus52246

Morning, all.

My phone is pretty much all spam calls.   >:( I'm up and ready to head to work, after breakfast.

Jeff

NEMMRRC

You mean those calls are not legit  :o

I was hoping to get an extension on my 20 year old pick up. It's been running rough lately.

We survived the tornado watches last night. It is still very windy outside this morning.

I haven't done anything model railroad related in a while. We had a huge deadline at work and we finished it 10 days ago but now we are cleaning up all the stuff that didn't go right. Anyway, I anticipate getting back to somewhat normal next week.

Carry on.

Jaime

WigWag Workshop

Hey Der Folks!

Low 50's and rain for today. The list of "Honey-Do's" is growing.

Have a Great Day All!

-Steven
A BIG Thanks to all the folks who share their knowledge, and for giving me the inspiration to push the limits in this great hobby!

Blazeman

Checking in.

Those call....!!!

First one usually by 9:10.  I'll pick up the phone and let it "sit," not saying a work.  And the caller ID is disguised.  Once, it even showed me calling.

Wife's phone blows up with constant junk texts.  All day and night.

What we need to do is find numbers for congressmen's phones and feed them to a few marketing firms.  They'll sell them to each other and after a few weeks of calls, maybe those green people will make some changes.

Good day, all.

Larry

Jim Donovan

Good Morning Folks;

Going to almost 85 today! I think our spring is almost over. I've been taking the time to block the number each time I get the spam calls. Over the past year I have seen a drop so I think it means only a couple of these fast buck eddie's have my phone number. Wish it was easier to  block them.

Feeling a little beat up today so think I will just take it easy. Have a great day everyone.

Jim D
Holland & Odessa Railroad

Dennis Bourey

Good Morning All. Happy Thursday.
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

Jerry

Morning everyone

Good to see you here Jaime!

Bob thanks for opening and the picture.
But you could have brought coffee for us!! :D

As usual work continues on the Mill and other projects.

Everyone have a great day!! :)

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

jerryrbeach

Good morning.

Spam calls?  Any number that shows up on my phone goes unanswered.  I only answer calls that come up with the caller's name.  Voicemail?  never set mine up so that is not an issue.  Antisocial?  Why, yes I am!

Back in from checking and feeding the cows in the rain.  The only item of clothing not soaked was my socks.  My boots kept them nice and dry.  Looks like an unplanned load of laundry on the agenda for today. 

That's the rest of the story....
Jerry

S&S RR

Good morning! Grocery trip for me this morning. I hope to get to some modeling this afternoon.  It's good to see Jaime back - you are working to hard my friend. We are having typical March weather - windy. I will have lots of sticks to pickup in the yard when the snow is completely gone. I hope everyone has a great day.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

ACL1504

Morning all,

Spam calls? Never heard of the thousands I get every year. The auto warranty calls are the worst. By the way, being on the "no call" list is a waste as well. Off my soap box now.

Had a Zoom call last night with Bruce O and Bob Parrish.

Have a great day ya'll.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com