June 19th 2021

Started by Raymo, June 19, 2021, 06:49:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartyO

Good Afternoon,

It is way too hot and humid to be outside, especially when we had rain yesterday. We are expecting to have rain off and on for the rest of the week. My thoughts go out to the farms who are in drought conditions.
Marty

ACL1504

Quote from: jrmueller on June 19, 2021, 10:57:52 AM
Today is Rea and my 56th wedding anniversary.   :)

Congratulations to you both. Looks like smooth sailing on the seas of matrimony.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Judge

Dan - I had fusion at L4/L5 on March 2 due to spinal stenosis.  The surgery was at 1:30 and I was home by noon the next day.  The incision was less than two inches long.  I have no idea how my surgeon inserted the appliance that holds my spinal cord in place with that size of an incision and I didn't ask.  I don' know it is there.  I had a nurse 3 times a week for a couple of weeks and a therapist about that often.  I tried to limit the narcotics and had some sharp pain when I moved a certain way for about two weeks.  I was told the pain was a muscle spasm.  I am much better now.  I had six weeks of physical therapy three times a week and that helped.  But I think the passage of time has had as much to do with my recovery as the therapy.  I still use a walker to go further than just around the house.  I am using a cane about half the time.  I have been told to be patient because it takes from six months to a year to fully recover from this kind of surgery.

I had a stroke in 2015 and my left side is a little weak as a result.  I used a cane before the surgery and I will be happy to return to using only a cane - hopefully soon.

Best of luck to you.

P. S. In case you haven't noticed, getting old sucks!

Raymo

Quote from: Judge on June 19, 2021, 02:59:33 PM
Dan - I had fusion at L4/L5 on March 2 due to spinal stenosis.  The surgery was at 1:30 and I was home by noon the next day.  The incision was less than two inches long.  I have no idea how my surgeon inserted the appliance that holds my spinal cord in place with that size of an incision and I didn't ask.  I don' know it is there.  I had a nurse 3 times a week for a couple of weeks and a therapist about that often.  I tried to limit the narcotics and had some sharp pain when I moved a certain way for about two weeks.  I was told the pain was a muscle spasm.  I am much better now.  I had six weeks of physical therapy three times a week and that helped.  But I think the passage of time has had as much to do with my recovery as the therapy.  I still use a walker to go further than just around the house.  I am using a cane about half the time.  I have been told to be patient because it takes from six months to a year to fully recover from this kind of surgery.

I had a stroke in 2015 and my left side is a little weak as a result.  I used a cane before the surgery and I will be happy to return to using only a cane - hopefully soon.

Best of luck to you.

P. S. In case you haven't noticed, getting old sucks!
Thank you Judge for your input and what you said has been what I've been told by the Dr..My hope is to be better by the time the Amherst Train Show happens the end of January, but I might sneak out to a couple in the fall.

deemery

I thought I'd show a photo of my wiring...  The bus lines are 14 gauge.  The track feeders are 25 gauge.  I use Wago Lever Connectors for the track-to-bus, and Suitcase Connectors for the taps on the bus.  I really like the lever connectors, in part because it's easy to disconnect a piece of track for debugging. 

This has a 5-slot connector.  The 2 red wires are the frog wires from a single crossover.  When I add the switch machines, the power feeds to the switch relay will go into those 5-slots.  I'll add 2-slot connectors for the relay output to the frog wire. 

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

tom.boyd.125

Evening shift checking in...
Jim & Rea Happy 56th wedding anniversary !
Dan...good luck on your back surgery...will send you my shopping list for the Springfield show...and will look forward for those car and truck builds...
Great photos today too...
Vince enjoy your Jury Duty...maybe bring some kits and razor blades with you so you will get sent home.
All others...we are hoping for rain tomorrow after 30 days without any here...70 today felt like a cold front came in...
Here's a photo of a layout from a dentist in Madison, Wisconsin that was posted on Facebook last week...
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com