Sunday the 5th of September of 2021

Started by NEMMRRC, September 05, 2021, 05:05:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NEMMRRC

Greetings from Hickory, NC.

I have a narrow gauge convention hangover.

I won three awards at the convention. I took third place with one of my color photos of a model with a picture of a fabulous red barn on the F&SM. I took second place in the square footer with my FSM JS2 George Bailey's Produce I built back when we had a group build at the original forum (that was so much fun). And, I took first place in color photographs of a model with a picture of a covered bridge on the FS&M.

By the way, the awards were made from pieces of a boxcar from the Lawndale Narrow Gauge Railroad. Pretty nifty.

I now have to drive 11 hours back home.

Later.

Jaime

MAP

Good morning!  Congratulations Jaime!  Well deserved.  Neat idea using the boxcar as part of the award.
Mark

ACL1504

Morning all,

Congrats Jamie on your awards, well deserved.

Thanks for all the comments regarding my friends passing. Visited the family yesterday and all is well under the circumstances.

Today I plan to do some layout stuff.

Have a great day ya'll.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

vinceg

Congrats, Jaime. Beautiful modeling and pics.

11 hours...oof.

Good morning, all. More basement cleaning today. Also spending time learning more about Affinity Photo so that I can tune up some images that will be the backdrop behind Monee. I've never really spend time on graphics tools like Photoshop or Illustrator (or Affinity's Photo or Designer). They are insanely powerful once you ascend the learning curve - or so I would imagine.

I really didn't need another hobby......

Vince

Protolancing the Illinois Central Chicago District from Chicago to Kankakee

Zephyrus52246

Morning, all.

Congrats on the awards, Jaime.  Well deserved.  Sorry to hear about your friend, Tom.  Here it's another workday. 

Jeff

cuse

Congrats Jaime, you and George make a great team!

PRR Modeler

Good Morning All,

The wife and I are headed to Dad's today 

I hope everyone has a good day.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Opa George

Congratulations, Jaime, on the awards!  Your produce building diorama is beautiful.

I'm hoping to attend the model train show in Timonium in about a month. Looks like this show may be a little back to normal.  They don't seem to have updated the vendor list yet, though. 

Rain today, so hoping to get in more layout time and continue my scenicking work around the automaton factory.

--Opa George
George Nagle
Twin Mountain Barge & Navigation Co.
Harrisburg, PA

Dennis Bourey

Good morning All!  Congratulations Jaime!
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

S&S RR

Good morning!  Congratulations Jaime on your Narrow Gauge Awards, well deserved. And thank you for keeping us all informed.  Hopefully we can all meet in Washington next year. 

I arrived home last night to find I had my first shipment of scenery supplies from Scenic Express from their new location in Colorado. They have made the long trip and are now shipping, again. I have lots of scenery work planed for this winter, so I have a big box to unpack.

I hope everyone has a great day.  Here is another F&SM photograph for inspiration this morning.

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

vinceg

Quote from: S&S RR on September 05, 2021, 08:10:58 AM
Good morning!  Congratulations Jaime on your Narrow Gauge Awards, well deserved. And thank you for keeping us all informed.  Hopefully we can all meet in Washington next year. 

I arrived home last night to find I had my first shipment of scenery supplies from Scenic Express from their new location in Colorado. They have made the long trip and are now shipping, again. I have lots of scenery work planed for this winter, so I have a big box to unpack.

I hope everyone has a great day.  Here is another F&SM photograph for inspiration this morning.

John, I think you have a business opportunity here: the "FSM-a-Day" calendar. Much more fun than a vocabulary word or some Garfield quote.
Vince

Protolancing the Illinois Central Chicago District from Chicago to Kankakee

Raymo

Morning all. Congratulations Jaime on your awards, wish I could have gone. Gonna try and work on my building today..

Jerry

Morning everyone

Jaime congratulations on the awards!  Well deserved!!

Cloudy in South Jersey this am. Amild 62.

Hopefully some more work on the Mill.

Everyone have a great day!!  :)

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ReadingBob

Morning all,

Well done and well deserved Jamie!  :D

Spent time at the workbench.  Sliced a finger with a razor blade.  The important thing is no blood got on the build.  ;)  Also ran into one of my pet peeves.  After chopping a length of strip wood included in the kit to make supports for a structure, per the template, I had nine.  I need fourteen.  Found a piece of the appropriate size in my stash but now I have stain, paint and whether it to match before I continue.

Have a great one! 
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.